Chapter 13

A bamboo tube, which she had begged Zheng Quan for earlier, was tucked into a corner of the wall. She previously used it to hold water for drinking.

Today, while sweeping, she stole some wine from the kitchen, poured it into bamboo tubes, sealed it up, and carried it back to the prison.

She also washed the two rice bowls with water after dinner. One of the bowls still had water in it.

She unplugged the bamboo tube and poured wine into one of the bowls.

She assisted Xiao Yeheng in settling into the single hardwood bed in the prison cell.

Separately placed one bowl of water and one bowl of wine on the ground.

Even if Xiao Yeheng didn't ask, he understood that she wanted to help him treat his leg.

Yan Shuixin returned to a corner of the prison and took a clean bucket and placed it next to the bedside.

She walked back to the bed, took out the blade that had previously been a piece of the shovel, and poured water from one of the bowls to wash the blade.

The bucket is used for collecting all the unclean water.

To sanitize the sharp blade, she soaked it into the bowl of wine.

Xiao Yeheng stared at her without blinking, knowing that every drop of water in the prison, the blade, and even the medication package had been hard-earned.

She took a lot of chances to get resources, including their daily food.

Seeing her solemn expression, his heart ached heavily.

He felt sorry for her.

Why doesn't he die?

If he dies, then he don't have to implicate her any longer.

But...

The more he looked at her, the more he hated her. It was undeniable that she made him not want to die.

"I'm going to start," she said sweetly as she caught his gaze. "I'll do my best to make it bearable."

Her deliberately light tone dispelled the cell's invisible heaviness.

He nodded slightly.

She stood up again, walked to the iron bars of the cell, glanced down the long corridor of the jail, and sat back down on the bed after checking that no guards would come over for the time being.

There was no other way to cure him, and she didn't want the jailer to find out, so she had to sneak around to grasp the time.

She fished a cloth towel from her sleeve pocket with her small hand and waved it in front of his eyes, "Do you know where this came from?"

He noticed it was a simple, uneven piece of cloth torn from something, with a white plum blossom embroidered on one corner.

His dark gaze was drawn to her clean garment. The material was not like a rag, and he didn't know where it came from.

"My undergarment." She graciously told him the answer and poured wine to soak the apron, which needed to be disinfected.

His face instantly turned an unnatural blush.

Yan Shuixin noticed that he was shy, and the evil impulses returned, so she moved near to his ear and said, "In a while, I will rub it on your skin."

Her breath brushed against his ears, his whole body was stiff, and his face seemed to be even redder.

She sat on the side of the bed, and with her fair white hands, she pulled the corner of his left trousers to the base of his thighs, then took the sharpened shovel from the wine-sterilized basin and used it as a scalpel.