Chapter 72

There was no use wandering around. In fact, she wanted to go into the general's mansion and have a look. It would be best if she could overhear Tu Zhenguo talking to his cronies.

However, that would be truly dangerous.

It was obvious that General Tu could never be a member of King Jin's party. As Xiao Yeheng said, even if they traveled another five hundred miles, he couldn't be sure of finding reliable people to escort them back to the capital. Even if there were, if the escorting force was insufficient, they would be wiped out by King Jin.

Yan Shuixin really didn't want to be caught and beaten to death at any time, like a rat crossing the street.

She was eager for Tu Zhenguo to dispatch a large force for their protection. If he sent tens of thousands of troops as bodyguards, even if King Jin was powerful, he wouldn't dare dispatch one and a half times as many people to fight.

Even with the same number of soldiers, one party might not be able to win; they must be more powerful than the opponent.

Alright, let's go to the general's mansion.

Pretending to be a passerby, Yan Shuixin walked around the General's Mansion and noticed the footsteps of heavy soldiers coming from the courtyard wall of the General's Mansion from time to time.

In other words, no matter where you choose to climb over the wall, you will be discovered immediately.

If sneaking won't work; then let's try the direct approach.

She heard a middle-aged male voice inside the wall instructing, "Go to Yihong Pavilion and invite Miss Meixue to come over. The general wants her company tonight."

"Yes, Manager Zhou."

Yan Shuixin felt that it was the general manager of the General's Mansion who was giving orders to his subordinates.

Then the opportunity for her has come!

Seeing a maid coming out of the mansion dressed similarly to herself, she decided to impersonate a servant of the mansion without changing her clothes.

She immediately went to the street to ask for directions to Yihong Pavilion and then hurried over.

She didn't dare to run. Just in case she was pregnant...

As evening approached, the brothel began its operations.

The Yihong Building is decorated with lights and colorful decorations. Looking in through the wide-open door, you could see tables of patrons enjoying the performances on stage. There were a large number of clients entering the door.

There were two gatekeepers at the entrance.

Yan Shuixin walked over to them and said, "Please inform Miss Meixue to accompany General Tu tonight. I am Xiaoxue, and Manager Zhou instructed me to come along the way to serve Miss Meixue. In a moment, General Manager Zhou will send someone else to come."

The two gatekeepers politely ushered her in, and one of them said, "Miss Meixue is in the first room of the small building in the backyard."

"Thank you." Yan Shuixin swaggered into the brothel.

Then she went to the small building in the backyard, entered the first room, and found a beautiful brothel woman to convey her message.

The other party was extremely happy. She happily instructed her maids to dress her up and ordered people to prepare a sedan chair outside the front yard.

Yan Shuixin waited outside the room, and soon enough, someone from the general's mansion came to escort Miss Meixue.

She pretended to be Meixue's maid and said she would inform her mistress.