Chapter 73

"You don't need to persuade me anymore." Xiao Yeheng turned his head, deeply gazing at her. "When my father was alive, he commanded a large number of imperial physicians to try to cure the poison of Chihuan Madness, but they couldn't find an antidote. I will wait in vain when I go back. Furthermore, with the disguise mask, I can easily change my appearance, so even if I'm with you, it's relatively safe. You may be pregnant, so I absolutely won't leave you at this time."

"But..." Yan Shuixin wanted to say something more, but Xiao Yeheng glanced at her while driving, affection overflowing in his lone eye. "Even if the poison runs deeper, going back to the capital to wait is no different from delaying on the road now."

A hint of bitterness curled up at the corner of his lips. "If the poison I'm afflicted with truly can't be cured, I'd rather be with you and spend more time with you in this lifetime."

Yan Shuixin's eyes filled with tears after hearing this. She put her arms around his thin waist and rested her head on his broad shoulder. "Husband, you must get better. If you die, my heart might not be able to withstand it."

In ancient times, she didn't have much attachment to begin with. If Xiao Yeheng were to leave this world, she might as well hang herself with a rope. She just wondered if she would return to the modern world after dying.

Even if she returns to modern times, she will not marry but instead spend her time caring for her parents until she grows old, and she will spend the rest of her life missing Xiao Yeheng.

Xiao Yeheng could feel her sincere feelings. It was his lifelong fortune to receive such honest love from her. He couldn't help but sigh, "Xin'er, to have your deep love is the greatest fortune of my life!"

"Then let's cherish each other." If she can't go back, she will definitely cherish the person in front of her.

...

In General Tu's Mansion, after Tu Zhenguang left the study, he quickly went to the guest room, angrily intending to go and find Meixue, who was waiting in the guest room.

The general's wife, Qu Xian, grabbed him in the courtyard and said, "Tu, you actually want to go see that wench Meixue in front of me. Where's your respect for me?"

"You unruly woman, if you don't stop, I won't show you mercy!"

"I'll fight you!" Qu Xian scratched and clawed at Tu Zhenguang.

Tu Zhenguang angrily raised his hand to slap her.

"My father is the Minister of War. Back then, you, Tu Zhenguang, were just a petty officer. If it weren't for my father's promotion, you wouldn't even know where you'd be." Qu Xian lifted her chin defiantly and said, "Go ahead, hit me, hit me!"

Tu Zhenguang lowered his hand, gritting his teeth, and said, "You unruly woman, your father is over sixty. If it weren't for the late emperor's favor towards him and King Jin's group preventing the emperor's confidants from rising to power, the emperor would have let him retire long ago. Just wait; once your father steps down, I'll divorce you!"

"Fine, then when that time comes, I'll make sure my two sons disown you."

Tu Zhenguang was furious.

Finally, after being delayed by his enraged wife for quite some time, he reached the door of the guest room.

Meixue, the brothel girl, was waiting in the guest room. Upon hearing the general's voice, she immediately opened the door and threw a seductive glance at Tu Zhenguang, "Darling!"

Qu Xian went mad and rushed over to intervene. Meixue wasn't one to be trifled with either, so they quickly became entangled in a scuffle.

Tu Zhenguang had a splitting headache. On one hand was the young woman he adored and intended to take as his concubine, and the other was his lawful wife, who had borne him two sons. He waved his hand. "Separate them!"