Chapter 37

Now the two bags of rice are missing, someone must have found them and taken them away!

Zhao Bing dared not speak up about it, so as not to be discovered that he had stolen Feng Hai's rations.

What a shame.

Xia Chuxue stood beside the corpses, disliked the smell of them, covered her nose and said, "That thief is really smart, I would never have thought of hiding food in such a place."

Yan Shuixin and Xiao Yeheng looked at the big box and thought, there should be more than this.

Bai Jinchuan took the lead in saying, 'The things in the box are not right.'

Feng Hai nodded, puzzled and said, "I'm not short on food either."

"Feng Hai's food is less than forty catties in total. Look at this big box, it can hold at least one hundred and fifty catties." Bai Jinchuan folded his folding fan, "Who would be so stupid to pack such a small amount of things into a big box? You know, this box belongs to the prison guard's dormitory, so it's very conspicuous when you move it here, and the chances of being discovered are high. Why don't you find a smaller one?"

Awang understood, "Master Bai, you mean, there were other grains in it?"

"That's right." Bai Jinchuan nodded.

Since Bai Jinchuan had spoken out, Yan Shuixin examined the marks on the inside of the box and said, "In my opinion, the grain was packed at the position of the flat box cover, so there is still one hundred kilograms of grain."

Bai Jinchuan gave Yan Shuixin an appreciative look, "Doctor Yan is really smart."

Xiao Yeheng nodded, "I also agree with what Xin'er said. So..." His sharp eyes shot towards Zhao Bing, "If you can know in advance that the mute man will not send food, then you must be a kitchen handyman. The one who found and hid a hundred catties before everyone distributed the food."

"King An is right." Bai Jinchuan pointed at Zhao Bing with the folding fan in his hand, "Tell me, where did you hide that one hundred catties of grain!"

The long knives in the hands of A Wang and Wang Mo also pointed at Zhao Bing, and the latter said, "Good Zhao Bing, you dare to hide secrets, let me see if I don't kill you!"

As he spoke, he slashed at Zhao Bing with his sword. Xiao Yeheng quickly grabbed the back of Wang Mo's long sword, and the blade stopped half an inch away from Zhao Bing's neck.

Zhao Bing fell to his knees in fright, his face pale.

Wang Mo couldn't move the knife in his hand, and asked angrily, "King An, what do you mean by this?"

Xiao Yeheng's sharp eyes fell on Wang Mo, "You didn't even ask clearly, but you are in a hurry to kill people to silence them. Do you have ghosts in your heart?"

"I...what can I have in my heart?" Wang Mo said frankly, "I was just angry for a while, and I was angry that Zhao Bing was hiding something behind everyone's back."

"Please forgive me!" Zhao Bing knelt down and cupped his hands tremblingly, "I admit that I did hide two bags of rice before distributing the grain, which added up to about one hundred catties. Even if there was one hundred catties more, it would not be enough for food. The more grain, the better. When I saw Feng Hai go out, I went to steal his grain."