Chapter 50

The blazing fire surged forward, and Xiao Yeheng quickly blocked Yan Shuixin with his body to prevent her from being affected by the fire waves.

After running a little further, Yan Shuixin stopped when they reached a safe place. Only to find that part of Xiao Yeheng's hair had been scorched, and looking at his back, it was scorched by dots of flames.

Thinking about the fact that he deliberately ran behind her just now, was he afraid that the fire would burn her, right?

Yan Shuixin was immediately moved and patted his back lightly, anxiously saying, "My lord, are you okay?"

"No problem," he shook his head and stared at her eager and caring little figure, feeling as if he had eaten honey in his heart.

She blamed herself a bit and said, "It's all my fault, I shouldn't have gone into the wing room."

"Aren't I okay?" Xiao Yeheng didn't take it seriously, "Besides, you must have your reasons for venturing into the wing room."

After confirming again and again that his hair and clothes were only splashed by the sparks, and that the sparks were too small and automatically extinguished, she felt a little relieved that he was fine. Holding the important baggage and bamboo vest in her arms, she looked around, "The infirmary room is on fire, and the prison is too dark, which is not conducive to recuperating. Xia Chuxue and the others are at the jailer's dormitory. If they see that you are temporarily unable to use force, they will most likely attack you again, so it's not safe. Let's live in... the guard's duty room in the prison."

She slightly smiled, "Back then, that's where I stole some melon seeds for you to eat."

Xiao Yeheng looked at her forced smile, and thought about all the firewood and food that was burned. There was no need to guess, he knew she was very sad, but she was never sad in front of him.

Just like him, his fourth brother, Xiao Chengyu, gouged and mutilated him, and his foster mother, the Empress Dowager, cut his left leg. When he mentioned it, he was neither sad nor happy, as if he was narrating someone else's story.

Sometimes, when sorrow reaches a certain level, it becomes numb.

"Xin'er decides where to live, so it's up to you." Xiao Yeheng supported his body, enduring the severe pain in his internal organs, and walked with her to the jailer's duty room.

He wanted to help her carry the bamboo vest and her bag, but he was seriously injured and trying keep himself from passing out. He had already exhausted his utmost mental strength, and he was really unable to help her carry things anymore.

There are two large tables, four chairs, and a connected living room in the hall of the prison guard's duty room. There is a bed inside, which used to be utilized by the prison guard for rest.

Yan Shuixin helped Xiao Yeheng to the bed in the adjacent room and assisted him in lying down.

Xiao Yeheng couldn't hold on any longer, and passed out as soon as he touched the bed.

Yan Shuixin was so frightened that she quickly stretched out her hand to check his breath. After making sure he didn't die, she breathed a sigh of relief and gave him two pills, and put the bamboo vest and the small bag beside him.

She hid behind the main entrance of the prison, and looked in the direction of the jailer's dormitory.

The communal kitchen is next to the jailer's dormitory, and the only water source in the prison is in the backyard of the communal kitchen.

Without water, you will die of thirst.

Yan Shuixin thought for a while, she had to take the risk to fetch some drinking water. But, Xiao Yeheng was seriously injured and unconscious, it was not safe to leave him alone.