Chapter 58

Half a moment earlier, Yan Shuixin and Xiao Yeheng ran into the deep forest while a group of archers were not paying attention. Suddenly Xiao Yeheng stopped, took off the cloth covering his face, and vomited a mouthful of blood.

She lowered her voice and exclaimed in shock, "My lord..." She quickly reached out to feel his pulse and found that his organs were severely injured. In addition, the poison of Qihuan Powder had spread throughout his body due to his lightness skills just now. With his condition, it was already impressive that he could keep himself from passing out.

"Xin'er, just go." Xiao Yeheng held on to the tree trunk nearby, his face so pale that it was almost transparent, "If you continue to be with me, you will only be hurt."

"I won't leave, I'm willing to risk my life to save you. This is not the time for us to part ways." She frowned, quickly lowered herself, dug into the mud to bury the blood he spat out, and then evenly sprinkled it with rotten leaves.

To avoid being found with blood stains.

He pointed to the path ahead on the left, "According to what I observed from the top of the prison tower, the path over there should lead down the mountain. Before they notice, you can run down the mountain quickly, so that you can escape them one step faster." He covered his painful chest and spoke with difficulty, "I am seriously injured and can no longer move around. If you stay, it would only result in one more death."

"Then we'll stay together." She looked determined.

From afar, they heard the leader on the other side of the plain giving an order to hunt down 'Wan Niang'.

"What a bad luck." Xiao Yeheng frowned and pushed her, "Hurry up, before it's too late!"

"I won't leave you behind." She spoke softly.

Hundreds of men in black were about to disperse with swords in hand, but they were delayed for a while because they could not see clearly at night.

Yan Shuixin couldn't escape quickly with Xiao Yeheng, who had difficulty walking.

She frowned and thought of a plan, whispering a few words in Xiao Yeheng's ear.

The two people immediately turned around and headed back towards the prison.

She almost had to support him so that he could stagger forward slowly.

At this time, the sky was already dark, and the moon was hidden behind the clouds. Except for the open area where the prison could be seen illuminated by the flames, the rest of the area was completely dark.

The two of them walked around to the dark area thirty meters behind the prison, where there was a massive boulder.

When Yan Shuixin sneaked into the prison to rescue Xiao Yeheng, this was the place she used to hide herself.

It is estimated that this boulder was made by the archers in order to shoot arrows into the prison at close range, and it came in handy.

Before the hundreds of soldiers who were searching for her dispersed, Yan Shuixin helped Xiao Yeheng to crouch down and hide behind the boulder.

A large number of people, each holding a torch in one hand and a knife in the other, searched in all directions. No one expected that two of them would hide in the same spot behind their backs.

These people had previously gathered in an open space fifty meters away from the prison, and she was betting that they would spread outwards and would not search the thirty meters radius around the prison, that was within their line of sight

When several men in black walked 20 meters in front of the boulder, Yan Shuixin and Xiao Yeheng squatted close to the boulder and moved around to ensure that no one saw them.