Chapter 90

'Yan Shuixin' was slightly moved, as if she wanted to say something, but then stopped herself.

"Daughter, Father has always loved you. I know you don't acknowledge me as a father, but it's just momentary anger. I already know that you sent someone to tend to your mother's grave. Yesterday, I went to the prison to see your sister. She said that over the years, she often secretly bullied you, which was unfair to you. But her crime is not worthy of death, right?"

"You were so heartless and unjust, causing my mother to die in anger, her body thrown into a mass grave. Yan Xiangling paid a hefty sum to buy my life; shouldn't she deserve to die?" she cried, tears streaming down her face.

Yan Qing was shocked and filled with guilt, but also rejoiced, "Daughter, you finally acknowledge me!"

"You are my father, after all. I avoided seeing you because I was afraid of becoming soft-hearted," 'Yan Shuixin' said with a face full of sorrow.

"Xin'er, Father was wrong." Yan Qing slapped himself hard. "Please forgive me as your father."

"Dad!" 'Yan Shuixin' ran to him, grabbing his hand. "How could you hit yourself?"

"My good daughter." Yan Qing hugged his beloved daughter, showing deep fatherly affection.

Xiao Yeheng sat in the main seat, drinking tea with a cold expression, and instructed his servants, "Serve some tea to Minister Yan."

A maid brought the tea, and Yan Qing sat on one of the chairs along the side, nervously drinking tea. "King An, my daughter has not yet been married, so it may not be appropriate for her to stay in King An's mansion. You may not know, but there has been criticism from the outside."

"I don't care what people say."

"But as a father, I have to consider my daughter's reputation."

"What does Minister Yan mean?"

"I want to take my daughter back to the Yan residence to live and wait until she gets married to live in King An's Mansion. Of course, King A can visit her anytime." Yan Qing spoke with the demeanor of an elder.

Xiao Yeheng frowned and asked 'Yan Shuixin', "What's your decision?"

She showed a cowardly expression. "I..."

Afraid she would refuse, Yan Qing tempted her: "Daughter, your mother had some last words and belongings to pass on to you before she died. When we get home, Father will tell you everything." She was always filial; he believed she wouldn't refuse.

Sure enough, she agreed, "Okay, I'll go back with you."

"Good daughter." Yan Qing stood up and bowed to Xiao Yeheng. "Thank you, King An, for taking care of my daughter these days. I will take my daughter back now."

"I'll send someone to escort you." Xiao Yeheng ordered coldly, "But don't mistreat the future princess."

"Of course not," Yan Qing repeatedly agreed.

So, the servants escorted Yan Qing and 'Yan Shuixin' to sit in the carriage outside the door and leave.

Xiao Yeheng watched coldly, thinking to himself that he had just received a secret report that Xiao Shen had been hiding at Yan Qing's residence these days.

This time, he was going to deal with Xiao Shen and Yan Qing together!

Some of the sharp-eyed servants felt that Princess Shengping seemed a bit different.

But since the master didn't say anything, the others naturally dared not speak.

The streets were bustling with people and carriages, and rows of shops lined up.