Chapter 61

He brought the bamboo basket into the kitchen and placed it there, then drank a ladle of water from the water tank using a wooden ladle. He walked over to the high pile of firewood in the yard, removed his coat, and picked up an ax to chop firewood.

Yan Shuixin felt that if she and Xiao Yeheng appeared together, as a man and a woman, it would be too eye-catching, and there was no guarantee that they would not think of the two 'outlaw robbers'. It's best if Xiao Yeheng stays hidden in the room and does not appear.

It's time for her to put on a show.

She walked out the door, onto the yard, cleared her throat, and cried out, "Brother Li!"

Li Youzhu only heard a soft female voice behind him. When he looked back, he spotted an extremely young woman standing in the courtyard with an elegant figure. Her eyes were incredibly sharp, but her face was so dirty that her appearance could not be seen clearly. Her waist-length hair was tied behind her back, with a few strands scattered messily on her chest. She has an elegant and delicate temperament, and does not look like a bad person at first glance.

However, the other person took his sister's clothes and wore them without asking. She also broke into the room where his sister lived before she married.

Suddenly, he felt annoyed and asked somewhat unkindly, "Who are you? Why are you wearing my sister's clothes?"

"Huang Yueniang." Yan Shuixin uttered that name from her lips, and she understood that Li Youzhu was angry. In fact, she didn't want to mess with people's clothes. But she couldn't go out wearing prison clothes or the same black clothes worn by those evildoers, right?

No, she can't scare people.

Along the way, she pretended to be another person.  She wanted to lead Xiao Yeheng out of prison, but she could only use Wan Niang's identity to her advantage and act as the sole survivor. 

Even so, it was still discovered that King An had not died.

Secondly, if she informed Li Youzhu that she is a wanted thief, he will most likely drive her away even if he does not report her.

"Why are you in my house?" Li Youzhu was shocked. Huang Yueniang's story had spread from the city to the village.

Seeing that the courtyard door was still open, he quickly closed the door for fear of being discovered.

Yan Shuixin could tell from his behavior that he was a kind farmer who had no plans to report Huang Yueniang. After some thought, she took the initiative to say, "Youyun asked me to come to you."

Li Youzhu returned the long ax to the pile of firewood, walked over to her, and stopped again. Confusion appeared on his honest and handsome face, "Do you know my sister?"

"I didn't know her before. But, while I was escaping two days ago, Youyun went shopping in Duanji City. I was chased by the Zhao family and hid in an alley, and Youyun was standing at the entrance to that alley, so the Zhao family approached her and inquired if she had seen me. Youyun knew where I was hiding, but she pointed in another direction. When I thanked her, she felt pity for me after learning about my situation, and told me that if I couldn't find a way out, I could go locate her brother Li Youzhu and hide in her natal house for a few days." Yan Shuixin said, her eyes filled with sadness, as if she was about to cry, "Brother Li, I'm really desperate, and my clothes are too torn to wear, so I had to change into Youyun's clothes. Please, brother Li, don't be offended, and take me in for a few days."

After saying that, she offered a five-tael silver ingot, saying, "Yueniang will not live and eat for free, please accept it, Brother Li."

Li Youzhu looked at the silver ingot. His family was really strapped for cash, so he was keen to accept it. However, when he considered Huang Yueniang's situation, he felt quite sympathetic, "Miss Huang, since it was my sister who asked you to come to me, then her promise is equivalent to mine. If you don't mind her few old clothes, just wear them. You can also stay here if you don't mind our shabby and rough house."