Chapter 83

The emperor felt particularly guilty. "Actually, on the fourth day after you returned to the capital, I learned from Yan Shuixin about the inhumane prison set up by King Jin. I immediately wanted to take him down. Unfortunately, I and several ministers were poisoned at the time. King Jin was well-prepared. There were too many ministers and generals watching from the sidelines, and they may not be necessarily on my side. Everyone thought I would go mad and the world would change hands. Even if I had given the order, it would have been nothing more than an empty decree. After all, even as the emperor, who would listen to the words of a madman?"

Xiao Yeheng understood his brother's predicament but couldn't help but ask, "Brother, you've always been cautious, especially with so many ministers poisoned. You should have been more vigilant. How did you get poisoned?"

"It was Concubine Chun who poisoned me. She hid the poison powder in her nostrils and kissed me. The poison powder in her nostrils entered my system through breathing, causing me to be poisoned," Xiao Jing's eyes filled with sadness. "Unfortunately, I was unaware at the time. She tried to seduce me but was rejected. A few days later, I felt unwell all over my body and had the imperial physician check my pulse, only to realize I was poisoned. This poison would immediately take effect upon intimacy. In the past half year, I've been worried about you, third brother. Luckily, I only had intimate relations with concubines twice a few months ago. Fortunately, because of this, I managed to avoid immediately becoming a lunatic."

With hatred in his eyes, the emperor continued, "Concubine Chun has been in the palace for three years without bearing any children. I have always favored her, but I never expected her to poison herself and try to kill me. Upon investigation, it was discovered that before Concubine Chun entered the palace, she was actually raised as a dancer in a village in Lixian County, where King Jin resides. She concealed her identity and entered the palace as a contestant. This was due to my negligence. I never thoroughly investigated her background. Concubine Chun was poisoned as well, but I never gave her the antidote. Yesterday, she went mad and cut off her own head with a knife. Half of her neck was severed."

"As for those ministers... King Jin and the Empress Dowager had long planned to deal with them. Years ago, they began to infiltrate their circles through various means, like using women, planting their own people as their confidants or servants, or directly forcing them to poison... In the end, none of them escaped the fate of going insane on the spot."

Xiao Yeheng nodded slightly.

"Even if they are cured, with so many people losing their fertility, I will make sure King Jin and that old woman Liang Qingzhen pay for this blood debt!" The emperor gnashed his teeth in anger.

Fortunately, he already had four sons and six daughters, so he had many heirs, and even if he no longer had children in the future, it wouldn't matter.

But Xiao Yeheng...

Emperor Xiao Jing sincerely prayed that Princess Shenping was carrying a son in her belly to continue the lineage of King An's Mansion.

...

At the same time, in a luxurious mansion in Lixian County, Xiao Shen, also known as King Jin, swept the teacup off the table and gnashed his teeth. "If we can't catch King An by deploying heavy troops at Cold Moon Villa, then forget it. But I've been planning this for so many years, and now that I finally get to see the emperor's trusted subordinates turn into lunatics one by one, even the emperor himself almost went mad. But then suddenly, a hero emerged, saving those lunatics. That so-called medical genius Yan Shuixin infuriates me!"

The Empress Dowager trembled with anger beside him. "Just as the world was about to be yours, unexpected events occurred. Who exactly is this Yan Shuixin?"