Chapter 53

Feng Hai was holding a sword and preparing to join the team of Bai Jinchuan and the other three. Yan Shuixin brandished her sword to stop him, "Feng Hai, are you stupid? If you help them now, then as long as Xiao Yeheng and I die, the three of them will kill you next."

"How could that be possible?" Feng Hai didn't believe it, "Wang Mo and I are good brothers. We rob together, drink plenty of wine together, and eat meat together. Even if Bai Jinchuan and Xia Chuxue have bad intentions, Wang Mo will not treat me poorly."

Upon hearing this, Wang Mo's face flashed with a hint of guilt.

Yan Shuixin said with a serious expression, "Do you remember when we overheard Bai Jinchuan talking to Xia Chuxue? Did you ask what the survival rules in the prison are? Even your good brother Wang refused to tell you?"

Feng Hai paused as he was about to fight Yan Shuixin with his sword.

Yan Shuixin knew that she couldn't beat him, so she adopted another strategy of fighting, "I'm a weak woman, so take it easy on me, and I'll tell you."

For a moment, Feng Hai didn't care that the other four people were still fighting, and stood five steps away from Yan Shuixin to withdraw his sword, "Say whatever you want to say, but if you dare to fool me, I..."

Yan Shuixin interrupted him, "This is a deadly prison secretly built by King Jin and his accomplices. They have set up a secret village for the wealthy nobles, who have nowhere to go make bets for entertainment. The banker outside also has a list of members in this prison, and the more bets the member gets, the faster they die. Now, we are the only ones left."

"Everyone knows this already." Feng Hai was impatient, "Are you trying to delay time with your nonsense?"

Yan Shuixin continued calmly, "The deadly game in this prison lasts for half a year, there are twenty rules, and each one is different. There were only fifty people in the previous round, and they were asked to kill each other. Those people refused, but rather joined forces to escape together. Unfortunately, they were all wiped out by the archers ambushing outside the prison. And in our round, everyone can act as a killer. Killing a person will get you two taels of gold as a reward.. The more kills, the more rewards. If there are more than one hundred people, the prize money will be doubled. Therefore, Xia Chuxue, the big winner, killed over a hundred people in one go with Qihuan poison."

Feng Hai was very surprised, as if thinking of something, "No wonder Wang Mo and the prison chief always beat prisoners to death for no reason. They had killed at least dozens of prisoners in their hands, and I even thought they were crazy. So, it turned out that they doing it for a bounty."

Yan Shuixin said sarcastically, "Didn't the prison guard Li Dian notice the oddity of the prison chief Sun Cheng's death when he was alive? Wang Mo didn't want the rules to leak out, since it would be better if one less insider competed, so no one was allowed to investigate the cause of the prison chief's death. Even though Li Dian raised questions at the beginning, he suppressed it. My understanding is that Sun Cheng received the rulebook as soon as he became prison chief, and given his good relationship with Wang Mo, he told him about it. But, he didn't tell you."

She took out a booklet and a stack of paintings from her arms and threw them to Feng Hai, "This booklet was discovered while Xiao Yeheng and I looked for food in the guard's dormitory. I found this booklet in Xia Chuxue's room, and I quietly collected it without even telling King An about it. I'm guessing Xia Chuxue discovered it while sleeping with the prison chief. As for these paintings, they record what happened in the prison, who killed how many people."

Feng Hai read through the pages one by one, and sure enough, there were pictures of recent events on them. The rule book not only recorded the tragic situation of the prisoners in the previous round, but also the key points of this round, "According to the rules, only one of us can get out alive! The one that survives not only receives the bounty for the number of people killed, but also an additional three thousand taels of gold!"