Chapter 36

Yan Shuixin asked Xiao Yeheng to cut down six bamboo plants by the roots, remove the fine branches, and tie the bamboo stems of the six bamboo plants with vines growing among the weeds. Xiao Yeheng then carried a bundle of bamboo and turned back with Yan Shuixin, who was only carrying about three kilograms of mulberry berries.

She originally intended to help him carry it, after all, he had a cane and had to carry bamboo bundles, which was very difficult. He said it was a man's job and she was not allowed to do it. She couldn't resist it, so she left it to him.

When passing by the open space outside the prison, Bai Jinchuan saw them and asked, "King An, isn't there enough firewood for burning? Why are you chopping bamboo? I didn't expect there to be bamboo in the prison."

"I think they just came from behind the thatched cottage, probably they cut it there" Wang Mo went to the side to answer.

"What's the use of picking bamboo from filthy place for? It smells so bad." Bai Jinchuan picked up the folding fan and fanned it, as if it really stinks.

In fact, these wild bamboos grow in the back, exposed to wind and sun, so they don't smell bad at all. Yan Shuixin and Xiao Yeheng ignored them and walked towards the infirmary.

"Ahh!" A painful cry suddenly came from the direction of the infirmary.

Hearing the voice, it was Feng Hai.

Yan Shuixin, Xiao Yeheng, Bai Jinchuan, and Wang Mo rushed towards the source of the screams, and soon, they saw Feng Hai scratching himself outside the hospital room and yelling, "Yan Shuixin, how poisonous you are! You even poisoned the grain bag!"

The door of the room behind him was open, the sweet potatoes in the bag rolled all over the floor, the bag of rice grains fell on the door, and a bundle of arrows also scattered. Feng Hai was stealing here while no one was around.

Yan Shuixin looked away from the door which had been locked before but was now open, and snorted coldly, "Feng Hai, you took advantage of me and Xiao Yeheng's absence to try to steal things from our room, and it's your own fault."

Xiao Yeheng threw the bundle of bamboo on his shoulders on the ground, narrowing his eyes. Still smart, she took precautions in advance.

Feng Hai scratched his body aggressively, creating bloodstain streaks. The more he scratched, the itchier he became, and the more agonizing it was when he bled from scratching. He howled loudly, "Doctor Yan, I was wrong. I shouldn't have come to steal your things. I won't dare to do it again, please spare me!"

Seeing him in such a miserable situation, Wang Mo soft-heartedly chimed in, "Doctor Yan, you have a bodhisattva heart, let Feng Hai go."

Bai Jinchuan waved his folding fan nonchalantly, "Feng Hai, you are so stupid, you can't steal someone's things, especially from Yan Shuixin. She has already reminded you a long time ago that you will be punished by God if you do."

Wang Mo was stunned, "It turns out that this is what Supervisor Yan meant before. She can poison to prevent people with unclean hands from stealing. Fortunately, I am an honest person." After boasting, he turned to ask Yan Shuixin, "Will Feng Hai die?"

"He won't die." Yan Shuixin was still very kind, "At most, the body will be scratched to a bloody mess, so much that the bones can be seen. In the end, all the flesh and blood will be scratched off, turning into a skeleton without skin and flesh."

"This is life worse than death." Wang Mo shuddered, "Doctor Yan, Feng Hai is my brother, I would like to offer some rations, can you let him go?"

"How much?" Yan Shuixin was interested.