Chapter 55

"No!" He suddenly roared, "Xin'er, you can't do this, even if you're just pretend that you don't have this king in your heart, this king's heart would bleed from pain!"

"So put yourself in my shoes. What you did just now, didn't that make my heart bleed?"

Xiao Yeheng tightly wrapped his arms around her, whispering shakily, "I'm sorry, Xin'er!"

"Let go." Yan Shuixin pushed him aside coldly, and said to him, "There's some things that can't be forgiven with an apology. I, Yan Shuixin, am just a mere illegitimate daughter of a minister, with a low status, and not worthy of King An."

She turned to walk in the direction of the communal kitchen, and he followed behind, painfully saying, "Xin'er, this king shouldn't be self-righteous for your own good. This king has never cared about your identity."

Looking at her lonely and thin figure, his heart ached and he said, "I can even give up my life for you, so why would I care whose daughter you are."

She still ignored him, but he suddenly vomited a mouthful of blood, and falling heavily to the ground. She finally turned around, ran to him in two or three steps, and helped him up, "My lord, how are you?"

With blood oozing from the corner of his mouth, he stared fixedly at her worried face, and said painfully, "Xin'er, listen to what this king said. If it were someone else, they might survive to the end according to the prison rules. But this king was thrown in this prison, with my leg chopped off by the collusion between Empress Dowager and King Jin. They will definitely not give this king another life, and will not allow this king to go out to seek vengeance. Therefore, you can only leave if you kill me."

"If you die, I don't want to live anymore." She raised her hand to wipe the blood from the corner of his mouth, her tears trickled down, and said in a manner imitating the ancients, "Xin'er is already yours, you have said that you would be responsible. In this life, we live together and shall die together."

Her tears fell on his face, burning his heart. He looked at her determined expression, knowing that she would not change her mind, so he nodded solemnly.

"Once this king vomits blood, you won't be angry anymore." A pale smile was drawn on the corner of his lips.

"And you're still joking." She gave him an angry look, and helped him lean against the side wall of the utility room.

She went to pick up the arrow that had pierced his arm earlier, took out half of a bellyband from her bosom to wipe the poisoned arrow, and threw the arrow away, "My lord, although I cannot detoxify you right now, but after we go out and study carefully, there is still a slight chance. I will save the venom first, and I will study it in the future."

She folded the bellyband, stuffed it into a bamboo tube the size of a finger, covered the plug, and put it in her sleeve pocket. In this way, it will prevent the sample from being damaged.

He looked at her calm expression, as if the two of them could really get out, and said indifferently, "Previously, when this king was shot in the arm by a poisonous arrow, I originally wanted to cut off my arm. Anyway, this king has already lost one limb already, so losing an arm is nothing."

"Don't. There is no medicine in the prison, and there are only two pills left in my porcelain bottle. Even if you grind it into powder, It will not be enough to stop the bleeding from a big open wound. If you really did that, you would have lost too much blood and died long ago."

"I also thought of this, so I didn't cut it." Xiao Yeheng looked regretfully at Yan Shuixin's stunning face and said, "I just did it yesterday... And now I can't have intercourse in the future. The beauty is in front of me, but I can't touch her. This is even worse than death."