Chapter 91

Yan Shuixin felt like a wandering spirit hovering in mid-air, following her parents like a spectator, shedding tears several times.

It wasn't until her modern birth mother became pregnant again that her parents regained their spirits, and she finally relaxed, her consciousness sinking into darkness again.

The next morning, Yan Shuixin woke up in a warm embrace, opening her eyes to see Xiao Yeheng's half-damaged, half-handsome face.

She was still in ancient times, in the Rain Pavilion of King An's Mansion, on the bed where she had stayed for a long time.

Perhaps beauty was in the eye of the beholder. Yan Shuixin felt that Xiao Yeheng's empty left eye socket still exuded a trace of heroism.

She reached out and lightly touched his left eye socket.

He still closed his right eye, but his hand accurately caught her small hand. "Xin'er, don't play around. My left eye socket is too ugly."

"How can that be?" She kissed him lightly and said, "It looks very handsome."

He opened his right eye and affectionately kissed her forehead. How could he not understand that she loved him so much to feel this way?

"I swear, I will love you well for the rest of my life," he promised solemnly, "If I break this oath, let thunder strike me."

"Then don't forget your promise."

"Mm." He hugged her tightly, cherishing her and feeling so fortunate that Heaven had sent her to him.

Over the past few months, he has been almost inseparable from her, as if afraid she would disappear. After pondering for a moment, she decided to tell him some good news: "Husband, I had a dream last night that my mother in the modern world is pregnant again. My parents have regained hope for life. Do you think this could be true?"

"It must be true." Xiao Yeheng held her tightly. "In the grand scheme of things, there is a higher power guiding us. This is Heaven telling you that your parents will live happily for the rest of their lives."

Yan Shuixin had a deep feeling that what happened in her dream was real, and her constant worry for her parents' hearts caused it.

Now, she couldn't return to the modern world, so she could only pray for her parents' safety and happiness.

Even though they couldn't meet, she would always care for them.

She took his hand and placed it on her stomach. "Husband, the baby is saying good morning to you." She will continue cherishing the man in front of her.

"Good morning, little one." Xiao Yeheng's expression was unexpectedly eager: "When he/she is born, I will definitely be a good father."

"Do you want a son or a daughter?" She thought that ancient people preferred sons over daughters.

"Either one is fine." He looked at her affectionately and said, "As long as it's yours, I will love them."

"What if other women give birth?"

"I will never touch other women. That option doesn't exist."

"Okay." She believed he had a conscience.

Yan Shuixin's days were like living under the stars, especially with Xiao Yeheng, who took care of her even more attentively than her personal maid, Chun Tao.

He followed her everywhere, afraid she might bump into something or get hurt.

King An's deep affection stirred envy among the maidservants of the mansion; some even had thoughts of wanting to climb into King An's bed.