Chapter 70

Yan Shuixin looked up and down to check for scars on his body. When she noticed that his pants were torn at the thigh, she raised them up to reveal knife marks on the bamboo pants he was wearing.

Luckily, she was prepared in advance. He was wearing clothes sewn with bamboo pieces, making him 'invulnerable to knives and spears.'

Otherwise, he would have been sliced open by the long knife.

Knowing her worries, Xiao Yeheng took the initiative to speak up, "I am fine."

She nodded slightly, pulled out the sheepskin map she had purchased in advance from her bag, planned the route to the capital, and helped him walk up the trail.

She did not dare go through the official road for fear of crowds. With a prosthetic leg and a limp, as well as a deformed face, Xiao Yeheng's unique characteristics would be easy to identify. If someone went to Duanji City to file a complaint, they would be in trouble.

After all, a reward of three hundred taels of silver is something most people cannot earn in their entire lifetime.

Xiao Yeheng held her hand instead and said, "Xin'er, my internal injuries have completely healed, and I don't need support." He glanced at her distressedly, "On the other hand, you are very likely to be pregnant, so you have to be more careful."

"I told you I'm not pregnant!" Yan Shuixin was very angry. "Don't treat me like a pregnant woman. If you do this, I would be under a lot of pressure! If I'm not pregnant in the end, then wouldn't you be furious?"

"No, no." Xiao Yeheng quickly reassured her, "Don't be angry; be good. It's my fault. If you don't get pregnant, then you won't get pregnant."

Having said that, he remembered that his imperial brother had complained to him previously about his sister-in-law's temper after she became pregnant.

Xin'er is so angry right now, so isn't this a sign that she's pregnant?

He just thought about it but didn't dare say it aloud since he was afraid of placing more pressure on her.

Yan Shuixin's face became a little better now, and she asked casually, "My lord, why does the messenger have to send the letter to the capital? Can't it be done elsewhere? If it's closer, we can get the response quickly."

Xiao Yeheng thought about it and replied, "My main force is in the capital. If we send it to a close range of 600 or 800 miles, the leaders there may not understand what the king's letter refers to, and their power is not large enough to mobilize many people. Secondly, once I disappeared, King Jin had the support of the Queen Mother and was extremely powerful. Unless a large force comes from the capital to assist me, any other reinforcements may be eliminated by King Jin. In this way, I would be exposed. We'll either get no response, or once we do, everything will be safe."

She finally understood. "Indeed. If it's delivered nearby, the other party will probably have to go to the capital to ask for instructions, which will make things even slower. It is faster to send the letter directly to the capital."

"I also think the same way," Xiao Yeheng replied.

She was full of confidence and said, "My lord, besides Li Youzhu, the second letter you gave me was given to Ye Yong'an, a scholar who went to Beijing to take the exam. We will definitely be saved."

He put his arms around her shoulders and said, "Xin'er, I actually think that our current situation is many times better than being in prison."

"Although in prison, my head was always on the chopping block, it is also Xin'er's blessing that I can share life and death with my husband."