Chapter 87

"How presumptuous!" The maid Rui'er scolded on behalf of her mistress, "My lady is the only beloved daughter of Marquis Dingyuan, a young lady of noble birth. What's a concubine compared to her?"

Smack! Yan Shuixin's maid, Chuntao, slapped Rui'er. "Dare to disrespect my mistress; you deserve a slap."

As Xie Siya's top maid, Rui'er had never been slapped before and was about to rush over to fight Chuntao.

Yan Shuixin signaled to the guard standing a few steps away, and the guard immediately came forward to restrain Rui'er.

Xie Siya's face changed drastically. With anger burning within her, she could hardly maintain her graceful demeanor. She glared at Yan Shuixin. "Disrespecting me and daring to lay hands on my servant, aren't you afraid that I'll report to my father and make you suffer consequences?"

Yan Shuixin smiled. "Believe it or not, I don't even bow when I see the Emperor. Your father, Marquis Dingyuan, is even less significant to me."

She was now the benefactor who saved the imperial court and the future Princess An.

She had heard that ever since King An withdrew from the Marquis's mansion's engagement, the Emperor didn't even bother to see Marquis Dingyuan. She wasn't afraid at all.

"You...you!" Xie Siya stared at Yan Shuixin in disbelief. "It doesn't matter if you don't kowtow to my father, but if you don't kneel to the Emperor, that's treason!"

Then she laughed again and said, "It's really embarrassing for Brother Yeheng to find an idiot like you."

"Shut up." The guard holding Rui'er commanded, "No disrespect is allowed."

Seeing that the future Princess An had been standing for a long time, another guard took a chair from the yard and placed it behind Yan Shuixin.

She sat down leisurely, and soon, servants brought a wicker table and snacks.

Xie Siya couldn't believe what she was seeing, "Why are you treating her so well? I've come so many times in the past five years, and I've never been offered even a cup of tea."

Several servants arranged themselves neatly next to Yan Shuixin, waiting respectfully.

One of them sarcastically remarked, "Miss Xie, how can you compare yourself to her?"

"It's not about comparing with her!" Xie Siya has always been aloof. Although the servants of King An's Mansion have never been kind to her, they have never shown this attitude before. "She can only be a concubine at best, maybe just the daughter of a rich merchant, or even illegitimate..."

Reluctant to reveal Yan Shuixin's identity, the servants of King An's Mansion also had the intention to entertain themselves with Xie Siya's disturbance.

Who asked her to approach the future mistress?

A servant poured water into a cup. Since pregnant women should not drink tea, Yan Shuixin only took a sip of lukewarm water.

Another maid cut the snacks into small pieces and fed them to her.

It seemed as though they were treating Xie Siya as if she were invisible.

Fuming with anger, Xie Siya trembled all over, and despite her usual poise, she spoke without restraint, "In the future, I'll be the Princess An. But you slaves, with your attitude, aren't you afraid I'll deal with you once I enter the house?"

All the servants couldn't help but suppress their laughter, each one watching her like a show.

"You!" Xie Siya pointed at Yan Shuixin, who was eating snacks, and commanded again, "If you don't come to pay respects to me, I'll report to the Emperor and have you punished for your disrespect!"