Chapter 39

Yan Shui's heart was moved and tears swirled in her eyes.

Her real home... She wonders if she can still go back? Although she has a crush on King An, she is an only child in modern times. Her parents are already fifty years old, and she is everything to them. If they lose her, they may not be able to survive.

If possible, she really wants to go home.

Seeing her silent and sad expression, Xiao Yeheng suddenly felt a burning pain in his heart, and stretched his arms around her shoulders, "Xin'er, what's wrong with you?"

"My lord, tell me, if I disappeared, will my family be very anxious? Will they go crazy? Especially my mother..." Thinking of this, she felt sad. Tears dripped down like beans.

All along, she had been avoiding this problem, for fear of heartache.

"Certainly, Yan Qing will send someone to look for you." Xiao Yeheng embraced her in his arms and hugged her tightly, "Xin'er, this king will take you out of prison, and I will definitely let you out alive."

Yan Shuixin knew that he had misunderstood. The family she was referring to was not the original body's relatives, but she couldn't explain it, and said sullenly, "What about you? You're a prince, I'm afraid the whole world is going crazy looking for you."

Xiao Yeheng thought for a moment and said, "Apart from the emperor, I'm afraid not many people would think about finding this king."

"If the emperor wants to find you, then everyone in the world wants to find you..."

"The Son of Heaven is too busy." Xiao Yeheng said with a quiet expression, "The imperial brother's harem consists of three palaces and six courtyards. He has a lot of court affairs, and he has a lot of responsibilities. He hardly has time for himself. Previously, I was ordered to investigate the innerworkings of this crazy prison run by King Jin with his fellow nobles, but I was imprisoned here before I could report it. Even if my guards took action, they would probably not escape the cruel hands of King Jin. Even if you were an emperor, it would be too difficult to find someone, like finding a needle in a haystack."

Yan Shuixin didn't understand some things, "Although there are many rich and powerful people who like to bet on prisoners in prison, and King Jin took the opportunity to make money from it, but why did he arrest Bai Jinchuan, Xia Chuxue and me? We're all children of officials, and if we go missing, then someone will go to great lengths to find us."

Xiao Yeheng raised his hand and stroked her back gently. "Whether it's this king or someone in prison who hasn't done anything wrong but has status, they'll have someone who despises them." If someone spends a lot of money outside to make someone disappear, King Jin's people will not turn them down."

Yan Shuixin understood, "In other words, someone outside wanted me to 'disappear' and bribed King Jin's organization. After that, I was secretly imprisoned in order to die."

He nodded, "Including Xia Chuxue and Bai Jinchuan, they must have offended someone. Otherwise, they wouldn't end up here. Sadly, the people outside the prison don't know what's going on."

Yan Shuixin didn't know who the original owner of this body had offended, and the other party spent a lot of money trying to kill her.

In the end, the original owner had died, and instead she came to suffer in prison in her place.

"Then..." Yan Shuixin looked at his half-handsome, half-disfigured face, "As smart as you are, who is capable enough to frame you?"

Xiao Yeheng closed his eyes sadly, and his face flashed with a moment of deep pain.