Chapter 43

Her accusations made the atmosphere freeze for a moment.

The eyes of everyone present fell on Yan Shuixin.

Xia Chuxue chimed in with a righteous face, "King An, as outsiders, we can speak more truthfully. We all know what you look like. I still remember that time when I lived with you in Cell 59 and I tried to seduce you. At that time, I was just angry because I had all the men in the palm of my hand except you, who was unwilling to be conquered. Since King An was not tempted by me, I gave up and became more obedient. I haven't tried to approach you since."

She glanced at Yan Shuixin lightly, "Although Doctor Yan has taken good care of you, it's hard to say whether she has the same thoughts as Wan Niang."

"No one in my family wants Xiao Yeheng to take care of them." Yan Shuixin defended herself, "Besides, I am the daughter of the Minister of Rites. If one day I get out of this prison, and have to marry someone, the identity of the other party would not be too bad."

Xiao Yeheng narrowed his eyes sharply, and there was a dangerous warning in his eyes, "Xin'er, do you still want to marry someone else?"

"No, no." Yan Shuixin shook her head, "I'm just making an analogy. Haven't I paid respects to you in prison already?"

Only then did Xiao Yeheng calm down.

Bai Jinchuan said, "To be fair, although Yan Shuixin is the daughter of Minister of Rites, she is just an illegitimate child born to a concubine, It would be ideal if she could marry regular courtiers. But King An is the Emperor's younger brother, and in order for him to marry a wife, she must be the daughter of a noble family, therefore a concubine is completely unworthy."

Xia Chuxue agreed, "Before I entered the prison, I've heard that Yan Shuixin was not favored by the Yan family. If it weren't for her meeting King An in the prison, she wouldn't have had the opportunity to marry such a powerful figure as King An."

Wang Mo asked Yan Shuixin curiously, "So, Doctor Yan intended to marry him in the hopes of leaving the prison with a high-status marriage? Otherwise, with King An's disability, who would like him?"

"It seems very reasonable." Yan Shuixin commented, and asked Xiao Yeheng with a smile, "What does King An think?"

Xiao Yeheng stared deeply at Yan Shuixin, "No matter what outsiders say, I believe in your sincerity."

Bai Jinchuan shook his folding fan gracefully, shaking his head, "King An, why should you deceive yourself? Everyone has told you the truth. Do you really believe that Yan Shuixin likes you? You lost your leg, your eye, and even your appearance. When a woman sees you, it's nice enough if she doesn't immediately call you a ghost!"

Xiao Yeheng's face sank suddenly, but he understood that what Bai Jinchuan said was the truth. But when the thought that Xin'er's feelings for him were fake, made his heart ache, "Xin'er, this king still believes in you."

If she was just showing false feelings towards him, he would kill everyone and die with her!

Yan Shuixin understands that if she doesn't explain, everyone will think that she is hypocritical. She is afraid that Xiao Yeheng wouldn't rest assured.

Seeing her silence, Wan Niang smiled viciously, "Just like I said, Doctor Yan is the same as me..."

"Put away your ugly face, you are not worthy to be compared with me." Yan Shuixin said coldly, "Aside from other things, if I, Yan Shuixin, have any burdens, I will never impose them on others, only solve it myself."

At first, she flattered and took care of Xiao Yeheng in order to survive in prison in the future, putting her admiration for him on the lips and relying heavily on the title of Princess An.