Overprotective Father Shane x Daughter Reader (Stardew Valley)

@WinterRanger654

Y/N Pov
My father was hard work that's one thing I learned growing up in this house he rarely let me out paranoid I would be hurt and when strangers came he stood in front of me claiming he didn't want anyone's eyes roaming his little girl. As a teen I have never been so embarrassed as he Interrogated everyone only wanting me to have the best of friends and boyfriends was a big no which was why I never did tell him about my boyfriend B/N as I didn't want my father scaring him off but he found out eventually.

It was a year later and I was on a date with B/N when Shane spotted us and stormed over asking who he was and why he was so close before he started being rude to him making me sigh as I dragged him away. Even to this day as I was going be married he was still his protective self and still not liking B/N but what bothered me was his health he started drinking a lot more and there was a never a smile on his face making me unable to move out yet as I couldn't leave him like that.

Sobbing in my room the day before the wedding, I open my eyes as my hands are pulled from my face to reveal my father "what's wrong? Did he hurt you?" "No... You did" "me? How I made sure I protected you" "this isn't healthy and I'm scared I'll lose you, do you want to leave that badly?" "Of course not, who protect you if I was gone? You know I can't stop" "have you even tried?" "... No" sighing I look down but he lifts my face to look at him "I'll stop I don't want you worrying about me all the time plus your right it's not good for me" "I'm glad then you might get to meet your grandchild then" "excuse me? When did this happen?! Cancel that wedding right now?!" I laugh kissing his cheek calming him down.