Punishment Ducking

After a full day of cleaning classrooms, you and Grim sit in the empty cafeteria waiting for Ace to show up. You rest your head on the table, trying to rest your sore limbs.

Grim let out a groan. "I'm already exhausted from a full day of cleanin'. I can't believe we still gotta wash a junndred windows!"

You let out a sigh. "We just gotta suck it up and do it. Do you think I enjoy having to clean all these windows? I'd much rather be drawing." You throw a glance at Grim. "You should try to learn from this experience."

Grim folded his arms. "What's buggin' me is Ace ain't even here yet!" He grumbled. "To make us wait after what he did."

You two waited for what felt like ages and Ace still didn't show up. You look at the clock hanging on the wall. It was way past time you guys were supposed to meet.

"And now he's super late!" Grim stood up on the table. "I bet he up and bailed on us!"

You put a hand to your chin. "That's entirely possible." You look at Grim. "We should look for him."

"Ain't no way am I doin' his punishment for him!" Grim yelled. "C'mon Y/N, I don't care if we gotta drag him kickin' and screamin'! He's washin' those windows!"

You and Grim walk to the classroom you think was his last class. Grim burst into the room.

"Hey! Ace! Get over here! Try to hide from me will ya!" Grim yelled into the empty classroom. "Huh, maybe there's really no on here?"

"Oh I wouldn't say that." You and Grim jump at the sound of the voice. "I'm here." You turn to face where the voice was coming from only to see a painting of a lady smiling at you.

"Bwaaah! That painting just talked!" Grim shouted.

"The painting laughed. "Yes and? Is a talking painting really such an oddity at this school?" She gestured with her hand. "The lady in the portrait on that wall talks too. As does the gentleman in the portrait on this one." Said paintings wave hello to you. "As long as a painting has a mouth, why wouldn't it be able to talk?"

"Well where I come from, paintings don't usually talk." You say.

"Well your usual and my usual clearly differ. Shall we agree to disagree on the matter? Now, you seem to be searching for someone."

You nod. "We're lookin' for this guy called Ace." said Grim. "He's got messy hair and a heart drawn on his face."

The painting pointed. "The door to the dorms is in the eastern building."

"Thanks." You say to the painting.

Grim tugged on the leg of your uniform. "Let's chase after him Y/N!"

You and Grim run to the Mirror Chamber where all the dorms are located. You enter just in time to see Ace making his way to one of the mirrors.

"Yeah right, like I'm gonna wash a hundred windows. I'm just gonna go back and-"

"Aha! Gotcha punk!" Grim ran towards Ace.

Ace turned around. "Oh no, they saw me!" He ran towards the mirror when another boy stepped out, causing them to crash into each other. The new boy had blue hair and was wearing the same uniform as Ace.

"Outta my way!" Yelled Ace, shoving the other boy.

"Hey what gives!" The blue haired boy said.

"Please stop him!" You cry out to him. "He's shirking his cleaning responsibilities!"