A United Front

You and Grim walk down the dimly lit path in the mine. The gems sparkle all along the walls, making the cave feel a little more inviting if it wasn't for the imposing monster hidden in the mine.

Grim grumbled. "Are you sure about this?"

You nod.

"Myah, let's just get this over with."

As you walk further in the mine, you hear the muttering monster just up ahead. You take a deep breath, readying yourself for the run of your life.

"H-hey, monster! I'm uh... I-I'm over here!" Grim called out.

The monster whipped towards the voice. "Grrraaawrrr! BEGOOOOONE!"

You wave your arms in the air to get its attention. "Right over here, monster! I'm going to steal your precious gems!!"

"Grrurgh? Thieeef thiiis waaay tooooo... Neeevvva giiive stooones! Neeevvvaaa!" The monster rushed towards you and Grim.

"He's comin' our way Y/N!"

"Let's lure him as far from the cave as we can."

You and Grim bolt towards the exit, the monster in hot pursuit.

"Begooone! BEGOOOOOOONE!"

You finally burst out of the cave with the monster right behind. You continue to lead it further from the mine.

"We got him a good distance away from the mine!" Grim called to you.

You nod in agreement. "Now's our chance!"

"You bet." Ace jumped from the tree he was hiding behind. "I got this! One extra-large gust of wind, comin' up!"

Ace waved his pen and a huge burst of wind swept around the monster, forming a tornado around it. Grim smirked as he prepared for his part.

"With a side of Grim's blazin'-hot fire! MYAAAH!" He shot a large fire ball towards the tornado. It hit the wall of wind, causing it to light up in a fiery tower. The monster shrieked inside the sweltering spiral of fiery wind.

Ace let out a laugh. "How's that taste?! With my winds fanning them, even Grim's feeble flames can become an inferno!"

Grim looked indignantly to Ace. "Whaddaya mean feeble? Ya really don't know how to shut yer mouth, do ya?"

"The monster's afraid of our flaming tornado!" You point out. "It's now or never!"

Deuce nodded at your statement. He took a deep breath. "Just stay calm, aim carefully, and pull out the biggest, heaviest thing I can think of... Get 'em, cauldron!" A massive cauldron appeared above the monster. It looked up as it started to fall towards it.

"Gwaaah?"

The cauldron landed with a heavy thud on top the monster. Crushed under the massive weight, it's unable to free itself.

Grim bursted out laughing. "Nailed it! The plan's workin'! Look, Y/N! That monster got smashed flat by a falling cauldron, just like Ace did!"

Ace grimaced at the memory. "Coulda done without the reminder, thanks! This has been one drag after another."

You chuckle as Deuce walks towards the mine entrance. "Quick! While it's distracted, we need to get that magestone!"

You all follow Deuce inside to collect your prize. The monster squirmed underneath the large pot, trying to grab at you.

"Guh?! Waaait! Nooooooo!" It screeched after you.

You don't feel afraid of the dark cave anymore now that you concurred the monster looming within. You can't help but smile at your accomplishment. The two boys notice the light in your step and grin, both thinking how cute you look.