Garden Decoration

You step through the mirror leading to the Heartslabyul dorm. As you enter, your eyes widen when you see a magnificent castle that acts like a dorm. There's lush rose bushes trimmed into a heart shape lining the path to the entrance. A beautiful fountain resides in front of the dorm.

Ace smirks at your stunned face. "Pretty cool huh?"

"Dang, this place is swank! This is nothing like our dumpster of a dorm." Grim called from your shoulder.

"Our dorm is a work-in-progress." You pull Grim from your shoulder and into your arms.

"Aww yeah, I am getting my paint on!"

"Ah, someone's here." Grim points to the direction of the voice.

The three of you walk into the gardens to find the owner of the voice. You're surprised to see the orange haired boy that you crashed into during the ceremony. Your cheeks redden at the memory. The boy was singing as he used a paintbrush to paint over white roses, turning them red.

"They all gotta be red, or it's off with my head!"

I feel like I've seen this somewhere before...

"Huh?" The boy stops painting when he notices your group watching him. "You guys need something?"

Ace took a step forward. "What are you doing there?"

The orange haired boy looked taken aback. "Are you blind? I'm painting these roses red, duh."

Deuce's eyes widen. "What? Why?"

The other boy shook his head and laughed. "So naïve, you put the "n" in newb." His eyes light up in recognition. "Hold the phone, I know you! You're the ones who broke a billion-thaumark chandelier and nearly got expelled for it, yeah?"

You and Ace cringe. "That chandelier is gonna haunt us till the day we graduate, isn't it?" You nod, agreeing with Ace.

The boy points a finger at Ace. "And you! You're the one who ate the housewarden's tart that same night! You guys are THE hot topic around campus! I've gotta get in on this fleeting fame. I'm just gonna grab a selfie real quick... "

He spins around and whips out his phone, he put an arm around your shoulder as he took a selfie with you and Deuce and Ace behind you faster than what you thought possible. "It's cool if I post this on Magicam, right? Gimme your names so I can tag you."

"I'm Deuce Spade."

"Ace."

Grim hops down from your arms. "I'm Grim, and that's my henchman, Y/N."

The boy smiled at you. "I'm Cater Diamond, by the way. I'm a junior here at Heartslabyul. But Cater is fine. Or Cay-Cay if you're cray-cray!" He takes your hand in both of is own. "Soooo nice to meetcha!"

You smile bashfully at Carter. "The pleasures all mine."

"Oh I couldn't find you magicam, could you tell me it?" Carter asked.

You shake your head sadly. "I can't, I don't have a phone."

Carter steps back and put a hand to his chest, looking like you said something truly unbelievable.

"This is a tragedy, a dark day indeed. How do you not have a phone?"

You merely shrug. Carter puts his hands on your shoulders. "You and I will have to go on a phone date then!"

"A what?" You ask.

"I must save you from this tragic life you live!" Carter pulls you to his chest and holds you close. "Everything will be okay, you won't have to go on in this unsocial life you lived!"