Back in an Octopus Pot

The shadowy figure swings the trident at your group. Grim hops off your shoulder as the others all dive out of the way. Jade wraps an arm around you as you both duck for cover.

Jade lays on top of you, shielding you from the attack. He looks down at you. "Are you alright?"

You nod. Jade helps you stand back up but keeps a protective arm around you. You watch as the Savanaclaw boys fight the shadow monster while Deuce, Ace and Grim try to avoid Azul's tentacles.

Floyd appears next to you. "What should we do?"

You point at the monster. "We have to break the glass vial in order to break Azul out of this. I'll distract Azul while you two sneak up on the monster."

Floyd shakes his head. "No way would we let you do that, Little Shrimpy."

"Are you sure this would work?" Jade asks you, concern in his eyes.

"Trust me." You say to the twins.

The two look to each other and nod, seeming to communicate without speaking. The both run to help the Savanaclaw boys with the monster.

You take a deep breath and run towards Azul. "Hey! Azul!"

Azul turns away from Deuce and Ace, laughing as he looks to you. "And what's this? The little guppy comes to save the day?"

You hold your ground. "You need to stop this!"

"And why should I?" Azul glares down at you. "If I stop now, I'll be a just nobody cephlo-punk to you!"

You take a step forward. "Azul, I-"

One of Azul's tentacles wraps around you and pulls you towards him. You're almost nose to nose with each other. Azul grins down at you, running a hand along your face.

"Let's make a deal, you and me..."

Leona notices and roars to Azul. "Azul! Let her go!"

Azul smirks, turning you around so your back is pressed against his chest. He wraps his arms around your waist. "No. She's mine now and I'll never give her back!"

"Azul, you don't have to do this..." You say to him.

"Oh, but I do darling." Azul holds you tightly, pressing his head against your shoulder. "This way, you'll be mine forever!"

A crash and a loud screech comes from the monster. Azul holds his head, shouting as his hold on you loosens and drops you to the floor. Leona catches you before you hit the ground.

Leona runs to a safe distance and grins down at you. "You've got to stop falling for me, little herbivore."

Leona sets you down. You look back and see the monster is holding its head, ink flowing through its fingers. A large crack on its glass vial head. You realize that must be Jade and Floyd's doing.

"We have to hit that thing again. "You say to the lion.

Leona stares down at you. "Stay here. I mean it." Leona rushes back to the fight, leaving you there.

Azul glares at the boys. "You all just keep bullying me! Is it because I'm a slow, dimwitted octopus? All I wanted was the power to get back at my bullies... I... I just wanted to..."

You feel your heart break. Something bad must have happened to him to make him feel this way. Leona and the twins both fire a blast of magic together. With their magic combined, it smashes into the glass head.

Azul cries out and crumbles to the floor. The ink monster collapsing behind him into an inky puddle. The ink crawls to Azul. You run to Azul, trying to make it before the ink consumes him completely.