Azul and The Piano

You sit on one of the plush couches in the Mostro Lounge. Azul asked you to meet him here but you can't seem to find him. You sigh and lean back against the couch.

   Music starts to play somewhere in the Lounge. Standing up, you follow the music and see Azul sitting at the piano. He plays flawlessly, hitting every note with precision and elegance.

   "I didn't know you could play the piano, Azul."

   Azul smiles at you, not even missing a beat. "It's just a past time but I do enjoy playing when I can."

   Azul finishes the song, he pats the spot next to him in the bench. "Sit with me."

   You slide into the spot next to him. "How long have you been playing the piano?"

   Azul shrugs. "I can't recall exactly how long, but I started playing at a young age."

   "Well, it's pretty impressive."

   "Thank you, you're too kind." Azul smiles at you. "Do you know how to play?"

   You shake your head. "The piano looks very hard to play."

   Azul laughs. "It's nothing too complicated. First you start with the right posture."

   Azul places his hands over yours, helping you hold your hands the right way.

   "Then you start with the basics." Azul plays a scale on the piano. Then he gestures for you to try.

   You try to play the scale, sometimes hitting the wrong keys but Azul would show you the right key to play. After a few attempts, you play the scale perfectly.

   "I did it!" You excitedly cheer.

   Azul laughs. "Now let's try a simple song."

   Azul shows you how to play the song. It sounds similar to the theme from swan lake, you realize. After many tries, you think you're starting to get it. You try playing by yourself but you messed up a note before you could finish.

   "Aw come on!" You throw your hands up in frustration.

   Azul shakes his head as he laughs. "You need to learn it's okay to mess up in the first try. Not everyone gets it right straight away."

   You take a deep breath and calm your nerves. You nod determinedly at Azul. "Okay, lets try again."

   He smiles at you. "That's the spirit."

   You try again, this time not getting frustrated at yourself when you mess up. Azul is surprisingly a great teacher. Never getting upset when you constantly hit the wrong note and was incredibly patient with you. Eventually, you can play the song without hitting a wrong key.

   "Yes! Yes! Yes! I did it!"

   "Okay, settle down." Azul smiles at your excitement.

   You wrap Azul in a hug, taking him by surprise. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

   "It's just a simple piano lesson." Azul looks to you questionly. "Don't know what you're so excited about."

   "I never thought I could play the piano, but you helped me learn."

   Azul stares at you before eventually hugging you back. "You're welcome to come back anytime to continue more piano lessons."

   You nod, hugging Azul tightly. "I will. Thank you, Azul."

   Azul holds onto you for a moment longer. He eventually clears his throat and lets you go.

   "There's a piece I think you may like if you'd like me to play it."

   You nod eagerly. "Of course!"

   Azul places a music sheet on the stand. You see the name of the piece is I See The Light. Azul starts playing. It's a beautiful song. From the lyrics above the music notes, you gather that the song is about two people who realize that their dreams are about being with each other.

   The music courses through the Lounge like magic. Notes were created with beauty and grace, carrying the melody forward. Azul plays through the piece with confidence and composure, like he had been born to play the piano.

   When he finishes the piece, you clap for him. Azul waves you off though he smiles. "Please, no need to cheer for me."

   "But you played so well!" You argue. "And it was incredibly beautiful!"

   Azul chuckles. "Well, thanks."

   You nod. "Can you show me how to play this song?"

   Azul smiles. "Of course."