Leona and The Garden Nap

You pick up your phone when you hear you got a notification. You look and see it was Leona who texted. Hhmm, wonder what he wants. You unlock your phone and see what the lion texted you.

I need you to come to the botanical garden immediately.

   Okay now that's a little odd. You quickly type out a reply.

   Be there as soon as I can.

   You grab you bag, sling it over your shoulder and book it to the gardens. Thankfully the school botanical garden is a short run away from Ramshackle dorm.

   You burst into the garden, hands on your knees gasping for air. "Leona, I'm here!"

   "Over here." A lazy voice called out.

   You find Leona in his usual spot lounging under a tree. His arms folded under his head. You stand above him, still trying to catch your breath.

   "Okay, what did you need so urgently?"

   Leona lazily opens his eyes. "Why did you rush in here like you're running from a stampede?"

   "But," You bring a hand to your head. "Y-you said you needed me!"

   Leona grins. "Did I say it was urgent though?"

   You stutter. "So what did you need me here for?"

   Leona sits up and stretches, showing of his muscular frame. You can't help but stare.

   "As I seem to recall, you owe me a debt." Leona smirks at you, knowing you were looking at him. "Little herbivore."

   You fold your arms. "Is that so?"

   Leona leans back in his hands, a smug grin on his lips. "You did step on my tail in this very garden, did you not?"

   "Is that what this is about?" You roll your eyes. "So what do you want me to do?"

   "It's simple really." Leona tilts his head. "Come sit down with me."

   "...why?" You ask suspiciously.

   Leona chuckles. "Is sitting next to me so hard for you to understand?"

   "Well when you tell me I owe you a debt, I didn't think you'd simply ask me to sit next to you."

   An amused glint flickers in his emerald eyes. "Oh you won't just be sitting with me."

   You quirk an eye. "Uhh..."

   Leona pats the ground beside him. You only stare at him. Leona sighs and rolls his eyes. He reaches up and takes your hand, pulling you down beside him. You shoot the lion a glare but he still has that smug smirk on his face.

   "There, was that so hard?"

   "Was that really necessary?" You ask.

   Leona chuckles. "You were standing still so I only assumed you needed my help."

   You roll your eyes and check the items in your bag, making sure nothing broke. Leona grabs your bag and rummage through it.

   "Hey!"

   "What's in here? Brought any food with you?" Leona asks.

   "No." You sigh. "I didn't think I needed to."

   Leona grabs some loose papers from your bag. Your eyes widen when you realize what they are. You try to snatch them but Leona holds the papers out of your reach.

   "Oh? And what's these papers that you do desperately want?"

   "Nothing!"

   "Well then you should have nothing to hide." Leona smirks.

   Leona flips the paper around and finally sees what's on them. You cringe back, expecting the worse. Leona stares at the pages, flipping through them. He finally looks to you, gesturing to them.

   "Did you draw these?" The lion asks.

   The pages Leona holds is full of sketches that you've been working on. But the thing is, most of them are drawings of Leona.

   You can't bring yourself to look Leona, embarrassment flooding through you. "I-I like to draw and I just thought I'd just do some practice sketches."

   "And you thought you'd do some of me?"

   "Uhh, well..." You try to find a good excuse. "I'm sorry. I should've ask permission if it was okay to draw you. I-"

   Leona cuts you off by placing a hand under your chin, lifting your head till you look into his eyes. You expect to see anger in his eyes but you're surprised to see the opposite. Leona smiles at you.

   "How about you finish your drawing and give it to me? Then I'll say your debt has been paid."

   You stare wide eyed at him, hardly believing what you're hearing. "You want my drawing?"

   Leona scoffs. "That's what I said, didn't I?"

   Leona let's go of your chin and hands you back your drawings. "Go ahead and draw me or whatever it is you want."

   "O-oaky."

   You hesitantly grab your pencils and start sketching. Leona lays back down and closes his eyes. After a moment of thinking, you know the perfect thing to draw.

You sketch Leona in stunning regal clothes with beautiful flowers draped around him. Petals fall across his face and in his hair. After adding the finishing touches, you nervously hand the drawing to Leona. Sitting back up, he takes the paper and inspects your work.

"It's probably not my best work but if you don't like it-"

"No." Leona looks to you. "I rather like it actually."

Your eyes widen. "Really?"

"I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it."

You sigh and flop onto your back. "Well that's a relief."

Leona laughs and lays on his side, resting his head against his palm. "Afraid I wouldn't like it?"

"Maybe a little." You look to him.

"You worry too much."

Without warning, Leona wraps an arm around your waist and pulls you close to him. He lays his head down by your shoulder and sighs contently, draping his tail across you.

"Uhh, Leona?" You try to move out of Leona's grasp but he holds you tightly.

"Yes?" Leona responds sleepily.

"Umm, what are you doing?"

"I'm tired so I'm snoozing. What's it look like?"

"Yeah but..."

Before you could answer, Leona fell asleep. Great. You try slowly moving to not disturb the sleeping lion, but before you can free yourself, Leona shifts and holds on tighter to you. He brings you close to him so you're back is now pressed against his chest.

You sigh to yourself. What am I going to do now? You feel Leona burying his face against your neck.

"Stay with me..." The lion mumbles. "Please."

You feel your face flush. Sighing, you lay your head on the soft grass. You feel the edges of sleep pulling at you. Well, may as well catch up on some sleep when I can. Lord knows what the next thing this school will throw my way.

Sleep finally takes over, surprisingly feeling rather comfortable in Leona's arms. The lion grins and snuggles close to you.