The Big Audition

Lilia burst out laughing. "I see the Ignihyde housewarden's reputation as a technomantic engineering savant is well-deserved. He gets some inspired ideas."

"That's p. legit, actually!" Cater points with a finger. "Programming voice synthesis software and posting songs you make with it has taken off big time. I'm a fan of electropop stuff, myself."

Grim jumps to the arm of the couch and puts his paws on his hips. "I got no idea what any of you are talkin' about."

"Really, Grimmy? You've never seen a virtual idol before? Here, lemme show you a clip. Let's see..." Cater pulls out his phone. "Ah, hold up. Gotta sit through a commercial without skipping to watch this for free."

Ace groans. "I hate adds."

Cater holds out his phone so everyone can see. The commercial takes place in a forest of apple trees. A beautiful young man with short black hair wears a black sailor hat with red lining and a bow on top. Underneath his white coat is a sweater with the top part mostly in blue and the lower part in yellow.

"I'll share a secret with you" The boy says as he holds a soda bottle. "this is no ordinary drink. It's a magic wishing drink! One sip, and all your wishes come true. A loving red with a sparkling pop. Red Apple Soda, on sale now."

"Ooh, that's the drink commercial people have been talking about lately." Cater says after the add finishes. "I gotta stay on top of the latest hotness! I'll drop by the school store later and check it out."

"Ah, that Neige fellow in the commercial there..." Lilia brings a hand to his chin. "he came up at a recent housewarden meeting. He's going to be appearing at this year's SDC, you know."

Ace's eyes widen. "What? That guy's a major celebrity! And he's showing up for THIS?"

"This competition's attracting some serious heavyweights." Deuce runs a hand through his hair. "Now I really have to up my game..."

"If I make it in, do you think I could get a selfie with Neige?" Cater asks.

"You're a shameless fanboy sometimes, Cater." Ace folds his arms.

Cater shrugs. "Look, Neige is THE hottest Magicammer out there. If I get my chance, you bet I'm taking that shot. Pun intended. And if I could get Vil and Neige in the shot together with me? I just KNOW I'd go viral."

Grim stands on his tippy toes on the arm of the couch. "Hey, Cater! Can you hold your phone lower? I can't see the screen at all!"

"I could project it on the wall for you, if you like." Ortho offers.

The door to the lounge slams open and in walks Vil with Rook and Epel on either side of him.

"Silence, spuds!"

Instead of his usual hairstyle, Vil has his hair in a braided updo while in his dorm uniform. The uniform consists of a violet robe, a black button-up shirt underneath, black pants, and black and gold heeled boots. While the other Pomefiore robes reaches the knees in length, Vil's robe is long enough to touch the floor. The underlining is deep-red, with an intricate baroque pattern. The sleeves open up at the shoulders, and reach the knees in length. Both sleeves have a gold, baroque pattern near the ends. Around his waist is a wide, black sash, with a red rope over it, tied on his left side. The black button-up shirt worn underneath his robe has long sleeves and a white, wingtip collar. The ends of the sleeves have a lace-like pattern, and a single loop that goes around the middle finger. Vil wears a unique golden crown on his head with strands of hair falling over. Near the center of the crown is an icon shaped like a heart with a dagger pierced through it.