*Christmas Special* Backstabbing Students

Ortho finishes explaining what happened with Idia. Riddle puts a hand to his chin in thought. "Now I see. Idia happens to be the perfect prince the Ghost Bride's been searching for. That's the general idea, yes?"

You nod. "Yup."

It was silent for a moment but then everyone burst out laughing. Ace holds his sides from laughing so hard. "Idia, the perfect prince? You're kidding, right?"

Cater plays with a strand of hair, grinning. "Bridey sure knows how to pick 'em!"

Azul pushes his glasses into place. "Of all the times for Idia to choose to emerge from his cave. Hilariou-" Azul clears his throat. "I mean, how unfortunate for him."

"This is no laughing matter!" Crowley silences the laughter. "I can only assume none of you know what happens when you're the Ghost Bride's groom."

"What's the matter, Headmage?" Deuce asks. "That's quite the scowl you got there."

"To marry a ghost means that you bind yourself to someone who's already dead." The Headmage explains. "Hence, if Idia marries her... His soul will leave his body, and he will depart for the afterlife!"

Everyone's eyes widen. "What?"

Crowley shakes his head. "I foolishly assumed that the bride's standards were so unrealistic she'd never find anyone, so I wrote the whole thing off as a non-issue."

Ortho's eyes widen. Worry and panic flashing through his eyes. "My... My brother's gonna turn into a ghost?"

Ortho turns to Crowley. "We can't let that happen! Please, Headmage, you have to save Idia!"

Crowley nods. "But of course. With a peer's life at stake, I'm sure all of the kind souls here would be more than glad to lend their aid-"

Everyone shakes their head. "Nah."

"Geez." You say. "The one time you all agree on something."

Ortho stares at the surrounding students. "But why? You could all help!"

Vil folds his arms. "He snubs the company of others, yet we're supposed to fly to his rescue? I see no reason to indulge such selfish behavior."

"This is your bro's problem, not ours." Leona rolls his eyes. "Figure it out yourself."

Ortho narrows his eyes. "Okay, fine. I can handle it, sure."

"Hey, wait." Kalim takes a step forward. "You can't possibly think you can do this alone-"

Ortho whirls around to face the school. "Running simulation of Idia Shroud rescue mission. Priority: Shortest time to achieve objective. Simulation completed successfully."

You take a step back. "Oh boy."

"Commencing live operation. Charging technomantic energy. Target: Night Raven College, main building. Technomantic beam firing in five, four, three, two..."

Crowley steps in front of Ortho, his arms waving in the air. "Stop! Were you truly about to vaporize our historic building? I forbid you from firing that beam!"

Ortho glowers at the Headmage. "Look, if no one's going to help, then I don't have any other option!"

Crowley turns to the rest of the boys. "As for the rest of you, are you absolutely certain you wish to stick with your initial answer? Because if you actually abandon Idia to his fate..."

Ace folds his arms. "So what if we do? Don't bother threatenin' me, 'cuz-"

Crowley steps to Ace. "Why look! There's a Night Raven College student now!"