Grudging Compliance

The container trapping the boys in shakes and jolts as it's set down somewhere, rattling the boys in the process. Voices can be heard from the other side.

"I'd say this means we've landed." Vil says.

Whirring and the sound of air being released fills the container. The door opens and the boys have to shield their eyes from the bright light outside.

"Uhh, hey, everyone. Welcome to the dark and gloomy Island of Woe and Styx headquarters."

The boy's eyes widen when they recognize the person standing outside the container. Charon troopers stand on either side of him. Though he wears a dark gray lab suit instead of his usual oversized hoodie, his flaming blue hair makes him very distinguishable.

Vil narrows his eyes. "You."

"Yep. Idia Shroud, acting director of Styx." Idia waits for their shocked reactions but doesn't get any. "Really? That's the best you've got? No, 'Say whaaat?or Dude, no way?'"

Azul folds his arms. "I'm so shocked, I'm actually calm."

"Granted, we already guessed there was some connection between the Shroud family and Styx on our way here." Vil quirks an eye. "But you're the acting director? That's not some tangential link."

Leona hops out of the container. "Hey, Radish Sprout. You can start by explaining just what's going on. You didn't even fly me economy class. Just jammed me into a cargo hold like a sardine in a tin can." The lion growls. "You better have a real good reason, or you're gonna need dentures when I've finished with you."

"Yikes, those are some scary fangs." Idia takes a step back. "Look, I'm gonna go over everything. Just cool your jets."

Jamil glares at Idia. "You attack our school, abduct us against our wills, and you want us to 'cool our jets?'"

"No one would cool said jets after hearing that!" Riddle steps forward. "Do you want to lose your head?"

A Charon trooper raises his spear, electricity cackling around it. "Detecting a buildup of magic in Subject A. Readying stun to render subject unconscious."

"Woah woah woah." Idia lowers the troopers spear. "Pause that. I think our Night Raven College visitors are forgetting something."

The boys only glare at Idia.

"Where are you again? And who am I again? I'm the boss." Idia narrows his eyes, looking very serious. "You don't hurt me, I don't hurt you. Capiche?"

Ortho nods as he hovers by his brother. "As long as you follow my brother's recommendations, your chance of sustaining an injury drops by fifty seven percent."

Vil rolls his eyes, placing a hand to his hip. "Very well. Since there aren't any better options, I'll comply and behave. Well? After forcibly detaining us, I trust you at least have the decency to serve us some tea?"

"The way you're acting doesn't remotely suggest compliance OR good behavior, but whatever." Idia waves a hand and starts walking down the long hall. "Come on, everybody. Follow me. Ortho, have some tea ready by the time we get to the conference room. TIA."

"Rodger."

Back in the Headmage's office, you and the rest of the boys stare at Malleus with wide eyes. Rook finally says what everyone is thinking.

"Are you suggesting what I think you are? That Idia Shroud, housewarden of Ignihyde, is the Watchman for the Island of Woe?"

Malleus shrugs. "Yes. Mind you, 'Watchman' doesn't refer to a single person. It's a title given to a certain family. I believe the current head of their family is Aidne Shroud?"