Savanaclaw Finale

You slowly open your eyes, feeling a massive headache coming on. With a groan, you sit up and rub your head.

"Hey, Y/N's awake!" Grim calls out.

Looking around, you realize you're in the nurse's office. Grim sits on the bed your laying on while Deuce and Ace sit on the bed next to your right and Jack sits in the bed to your left. Ruggie stands next to Jack and Leona leans against a bed in front of you.

"What happened?" You ask.

"At the start of the second half, Grim threw the disc right at your noggin and knocked you out." Ace tells you. "You don't remember?"

"It's starting to come back." You say.

"I was tryin' to steal our victory with a shot from way downfield.." Grim defends.

Jack folds his arms, rolling his eyes. "You amateurs gotta work on your disc control."

"I'm just glad you're awake." Deuce says with a sigh of relief. "You were out so long that I was starting to worry the hit had caused some real damage."

You look to Leona. "How did Savanaclaw do?"

Leona rolls his eyes. "Everyone we played was ignoring the disc and throwing everything they had at US."

"So who won?" You tilt your head.

"The grand champion was Diasomnia House." Leona says bitterly.

"In the end, there was nothing we could do." Ruggie says. "We were dead on our feet by the time we faced Diasomnia, so they ended up taking first place. It certainly didn't help that we took a beating from every other dorm on the way to the finals. What a miserable tournament this year was."

Leona scoffs. "Bein' stuck in an infirmary bed for anything other than a mid-day nap is about as lame as it gets."

"And what's worse?" Ruggie gestures with his hand. "Not a single Diasomnia student ended up here."

"I'd heard the rumors, but man, seeing Diasomnia's housewarden in action..." Ace shivers. "That dude does NOT mess around."

Deuce turns to you excitedly. "Yeah, he was incredible. You wouldn't have believed it, Y/N!"

"I would've if someone didn't give me a concussion." You stare pointedly at Grim.

"Now I get why everyone thinks he's invincible." Ace leans back on the bed. "I can't even imagine taking him down."

"And with that attitude, you never will." Jack narrows his eyes at Ace. "You've let him beat you before you even face him. I haven't, though. Next year, I'm taking Diasomnia down. And I'll win by givin' it everything I got."

Leona rolls his eyes. "Does everything happen to include your capacity for evil?"

Leona stands and looks to Jack. "I'm givin' next year's tournament all I got, too. And I am gonna do whatever it takes to win."

Ruggie laughs. "There's the Leona I remember."

"I can already tell this isn't gonna end well." Jack says.

Grim stands on the bed, throwing his paws in the air. "Next year, I wanna be in the tournament for real!"

"We need to practice so we can make the cut too." Deuce says to Ace.

Ace shakes his head. "Yeah, no kidding. No way do I wanna embarrass myself in Grim's kiddie league again."

The door to the nurse's office bursts open. A kid runs in, heading straight for Leona. "Unca! There you are! I finally found you!"