Hope for Forgiveness

You walk into your room after giving the paralyzed boys some blankets and pillows. You run a hand through your hair. Those guys are going to kill me one of these days.

The mirror emits a bright light. You walk over as a silhouette forms in the mirror.

"Hello? Are you here today?"

"Mickey!" You smile. "I know I wasn't dreaming!"

"Whoa! You startled me!" Mickey laughs.

You're able to see him much more clearly than before. He looks like a mouse with red shorts that has two large buttons on the front. He also has large white gloves.

"Your voice is coming through the mirror especially loud and clear today. Your voice is coming through the mirror especially loud and clear today. Can you see me?"

You nod. "Yeah, I can see you."

"I told some friends of mine about what you said in my last dream... But Donald and Goofy have never heard of Twisted Wonderland, either. Donald even said it was a ghost prank, and that I shouldn't listen."

You can't help but laugh. "Yeah. My friends said the same thing. So I take it you're not a ghost?"

"What? Of course I'm not!" Mickey puts his hands on his hips. "I sure hope YOU'RE not one."

You shake your head.

"That's good. But this is getting stranger and stranger. Just now, those animated cards and dancing gloves said to me, 'Oh, you're back again?'" Mickey shakes his head. "This is definitely no ordinary dream."

You suddenly remembered something. "Oh yeah! Mickey, can I take your picture?"

"My picture? Sure, go ahead!" Mickey smiles warmly.

You grab the ghost camera from your bag. You hold it up when a ringing sound comes from the mirror.

Mickey starts to fade. "Huh? I hear... ringing..."

"Mickey, wait!"

But Mickey is gone. You sigh. I couldn't get that picture...

You think back to when Crowley said you could be from another dimension. The Dark Mirror brought you here so does this mirror do something similar? Does the mirror connect to someplace else...?

You wake up to a knock on the door. Rook steps in, a cheerful smile on his face.

"Bonjour, Y/N! Today is off to a most magnificent start, wouldn't you say?"

You shrug. "Sure, I guess."

Rook chuckles. "We'll be doing morning practice sessions starting, well, this morning! Come to the Pomefiore ballroom."

You give him a mock salute. "Roger that."

Rook smiles and closes the door as he leaves. You quickly get dressed and walk with the boys to the ballroom. Deuce groans as he stretches. "Last night was awful."

"I'm aching all over after having to sleep on the hard floor." Ace complains.

Grim sits in the floor and leans against the wall. "I ain't even in the ensemble. It ain't fair, I tell ya."

Epel tilts his head. "Are you guys okay?"

Jamil folds his arms. "I heard a bunch of noise last night and leapt out of bed. I thought someone was attacking. But no. When I went to see what was going on, I found you guys sprawled out on the ground."