*Christmas Special* Stop The Wedding

"Idia Shroud, do you take this woman, in sickness and in health..." The ghost starts sniffing, tears in his eyes. "Oh, I just can't stop from tearing up! It's all so moving!"

Eliza giggles. "Silly Grampy, how can you cry on such a happy day? If you start, then I might... I might..." Eliza starts tearing up. "Oh Grampy, this will make me so happy!"

Jack rolls his eyes. "They're really working themselves up."

"We have to stop this wedding somehow!" Deuce insists.

"But we can't move a muscle!" Sebek shouts.

"I'm kinda checked out, to be honest." Floyd says lazily. "We can go once Firefly Squid smooches the bride, right?" He lets out a groan. "Get on with it already!"

Lilia smiles. "Agreed. My lower back is sore from being stuck in this position. Just give her the ol' smoocharoo, would you?"

Sebek grins. "You heard Lilia! Make haste and smoocharoo the bride!"

Idia's eyes widen. "Dude, I will literally DIE if we smoocharoo. What's wrong with you people? Have you no compassion? Do you post joke comments on tragic videos online too?"

"Oh my!" Eliza twirls. "We're not even done with the vows and you're already clamoring for the kiss? No need to rush. This kiss is coming soon enough." Eliza giggles.

Puffy frowns, bowing his head.

You run down a long hall with Ace and Epel. Grim runs on all fours next to you.

"Riddle and Rook are outta the picture, so that just leaves Epel and Ace." Grim says as he runs. "Guess that goes to show there ain't no one more dependable than me."

Epel throws the cat a glare. "By golly, I'll show ya dependable-ah, I mean, I can do this too! Come on, Ace. Let's show 'em freshmen can pull their own weight!"

"All right. We should be getting close to the cafeteria-" Ace stops short suddenly, holding his arm out to stop you from getting blasted by a spell. "Whoa!"

A ghost comes out from behind a corner. "Dodged it, did you? You're a quick one."

"Are you okay, Ace?" Epel asks.

Ace scoffs. "Please. That lame-o spell was never gonna hit me."

Looking over your shoulder, you see the ghosts behind you have caught up. Grim holds into your leg. "The ghosts have already caught up!"

Epel steps in front of you. "Get back! I'll hold them off and... Epel tilts his head. "Wait, what?"

The ghosts draw their weapons on Ace, but they stand defensively around you and Epel. Almost like they're shielding you from Ace.

"They're not attacking..." Epel looks over his shoulder at you then back to the ghosts. "Why are they turning away from us?"

One of the ghosts looks to you. "Princesses, you must flee!"

You tilt your head. "Princesses?"

Epel looks around. "Where? I can't see any."

A ghost points to Epel and you. "You both have such beautiful features. You two must be here to attend the ceremony, yes?"

Ace smirks. "Epel? Beautiful?" He attempts to hide his snickering.

"It's dangerous for someone as weak and frail as yourselves to be near such violent creatures!" A ghost floats in front of you. "Please, stay behind us while-"

"Who..."

You back up. "Uhh, Epel?"

"WHO ARE YA CALLIN' WEAK?" Epel yells.

The ghosts all back up in surprise. Grim's eyes widen. "Yikes, he's like a whole 'nother person!"

"Quite assertive, aren't you..." The ghost narrows his eyes. "Wait a minute! That's definitely a boy's voice!"

"Seize him! Stop him at once!"

Epel pushes you to Ace. "Keep going, guys!"

Ace catches you as you stumble. "Come again? There's no way you can deal with that many ghosts!"

Epel stands better you and the ghosts. "They called me weak and frail. Well, I'm not gonna take that lying down! I'll make 'em regret it!"

"But Epel..."

You put a hand to Ace's shoulder. "We have to trust him on this."

Ace smiles. "You got a real competitive streak, don'tcha?"

Epel chuckles. "Go on, Ace! Get to the wedding!"

With a nod, Ace takes your hand and you both run down the hallway.

Epel looks back to the ghosts. "As for YOU! I'll show you who's weak!"

"Smooch that ghost! Smooch that ghost!"

Idia glares at the boys. "Would you cut it out!"

"All we can move is our mouths," Lilia says. "we've got nothing better to do."

Eliza sighs. "Soon it will be midnight. Then it'll be time for our kiss! Once we seal our marriage with a kiss, my darling and I will live together forever in the land of the dead. And I'll finally be happy!"

Vil narrows his eyes. "All right, perhaps we should take this seriously."

Trey struggles as he tries to unfreeze himself. "I would, but there's nothing we can do to-"

The door bursts open. "Stop the wedding!"

"Ace!" Idia cries out. "And..."

Idia trails off when he sees you for the first time. He's heard of the girl that goes to this school, but Idia's never seen you until now. Your actually very pretty.

You and Ace try to catch your breath from all the running. Ace wipes the sweat from his brow. "Made it under the wire."

Eliza glares at you and Ace. "What do you want? Wait, you have a heart mark on your face. And your that girl. Are you the wedding crashers? Don't you dare try to ruin my extra-special day!"

"Special, schmechial." Ace glares back. "You're just shovin' what YOU want down everyone's throat! I'm gonna get this ring on you and send you off, once and for all!"

Puffy stands in the isle, blocking you from reaching Idia. "You won't lay a hand on our princess!"

Ace groans. "Didn't think there'd be even more retainers in here!"

The ghosts all line up to block your path. "We'll fend them off, Your Highness."

"Get the kiss in now!"

"We'll keep them occupied!"

Oh boy.