Average Question

A week later, you and Deuce walk down one of the school's many hallways. Grim bolts down the hallway and leaps onto your shoulder. Ace comes charging after him.

"Hold it right there, Grim! You're not gettin' off easy today, you hear me?"

Grim smirks and laughs at the red haired boy. "Maybe you shoulda put your name on it if you wanted it that bad!"

Ace glares at the cat. "Why you!"

You roll your eyes and grab Grim off your shoulder, holding him close to your chest. "What is it this time?"

Deuce sighs. "Seriously, don't they ever get tired of this?"

"Hey, Y/N!" Ace turns to you. "You're the prefect, so do some prefecting! This lousy furball swiped the doughnut I bought and ate it! AGAIN!"

Grim leaps down from your arms and shrugs. "I didn't steal nothin' I just saw a snack left abandoned on a desk and gave it a home outta the goodness of my heart."

Ace sends the cat a death glare. "It's not abandoned if it's on somebody's desk! If you're gonna keep runnin', I've got some wind magic up my sleeve with your name on it."

Ace whips out his red jeweled pen and points it at Grim, only angering the cat more.

"Oh YEAH? Try me! I've got fire magic ready to-"

Both Grim and Ace pause and step down. Ace puts his pen back in his jacket pocket.

"Y'know what? I think I'll skip the magic today. I don't wanna get sent to wash even MORE windows."

Grim sheepishly chuckles. "For once, I think you've got the right idea. I'd be embarassin' myself if I was the only one usin' magic, so I'll let you off easy this time."

You quirk an eye at the two, surprised by their sudden change of attitude. "Did you guys really just stopped fighting?"

"Wow." Deuce looks to the two with equal surprise as you. "It's not every day I see you two de-escalate one of your fights without outside intervention. Normally, you go at it until the classrom's blasted to bits and the headmage comes storming in."

Ace only shrugs. "Hey, what kinda punk would I be if I started fighting with a weasel over one lousy doughnut?"

Grim glowers at Ace. "Why do you always have to get in one last smart remark?"

In your home room class, you sit at your desk with Deuce and Ace on either side of you. Crewel slaps the pointer against his hand, gathering everyone's attention.

"It's time for class to start, whelps. Get to your seats. First, I'll pass back your tests."

Deuce nervously bounces his leg. "This is it, the moment of truth."

Grim excitedly hops on your desk. "Myah hah! Gimme! Gimme! I want that test, Prof!"

"Settle down, Grim. Stay. STAY!"

Crewel sternly looks at Grim and you pull him off the desk and into your lap. Grim pouts and folds his arms.

Crewel continues. "I'll call you by your class number. Number one!"

Eventually, everyone receives their test. Ace fist pumps and grins. "SWEET! I got a ninety two!"

Deuce smiles with satisfaction. "I got an eighty eight! I never thought I'd see the day I scored over eighty."

Grim excitedly waves his test in your face. "Check it out, Y/N! I got an eighty five!"

You smile at the boys. "I'm so happy for you guys! Do you see the benefit of studying now!"