Ambitions Aired

Spells fire one after another. No matter how outnumbered Leona is, he's able to fend off everything thrown at him.

   "If you have that much power, why do this?" Riddle yells at the lion.

   "Why? What do you care, kid?" Leona yells back. "You gonna scold me? Try to talk me down? Don't you get it? Power alone ain't enough to make waves in this world."

   You cry out as the spell consumes your shoulder. Jack looks wildly to the fight and back to you. He finally looks to Carter.

   "Hey! Phone guy!"

   Cater turns around. "Me?"

   "Get over here!"

   Cater runs and slides on his knees next to you. Jack gently hands you over to Cater.

   "Keep her safe!"

   Jack gets up and bolts towards Leona. Cater holds you close, his hand gently brushing your hair. 

   "That's enough!" Jack yells. "Unleash the Beast!"

   Mid run, Jack transforms into a large white wolf. He lets out a loud howl that makes everyone whip around in shock.

   Leona's eyes widen. "What just-"

   Jack tackles Leona to the ground, growling and showing his sharp teeth. With the lion distracted, Riddle used his signature spell.

   "He broke Leona's concentration! Off With Your Head!"

   A collar materialized onto Leona's neck. Leona grabs at it, trying to rip it off. Your arm returns to normal, no longer dry and cracked.

   "That was beautiful, Riddle!" Cater calls out. "You stopped Leona's magic cold!"

   You wrap Cater in a tight hug, grateful the spell stopped. Carter returns the hug, holding you close. The silver haired boy looks to his companion.

   "Sebek, let's get the wounded somewhere safe."

   "Do not presume to order me around, Silver!"

   The two take off to help the wounded. Jack transforms back and runs to you. He and Cater help you stand up. Once you're steady, you wrap your arms around Jack. Jack stiffens at your touch.

   "Thank you Jack."

   The wolf hesitantly returns the hug. "Yeah, uh, don't mention it."

   Leona roars. "No... NO! You can't collar a lion!
And Jack! How did you... Transformation potions are forbidden! Where did you get that?"

   "I didn't use a potion, that's my signature spell." Jack turns to Leona. "With it I can transform myself into a wolf."

   "Ha! What's that saying? Every dog has his day?" Leona laughs halfheartedly. "Well I guess you had yours!"

   "Housewarden Leona, I want you to know..." Jack steps forward. "I only came to this school because of how much I admired you! What happened to the man you used to be?"

   "Shut up." Leona growls. "Your dreams got nothin' to do with me!"

   Riddle places a hand to his chest. "I understand the irony of me being the one to say it, but it pains me to see you like this. You'd be wise to confine yourself to your room and try to calm down!"

   Leona whirls on Riddle. "What do you know about how I feel?"

   "Would that the lion king of the savanna could witness this absolute farce." Lilia puts a hand to his chin. "No, if you ask me, the collar suits you far better than a crown ever could."