A Rule Slip

After what felt like hours, you finally finished painting the last rose. You wipe the sweat off your brow and let out a sigh of relief. Deuce puts his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath.

"Well, this is going better than before."

Carter looks at your work, nodding in satisfaction. "Looking good! Ooh, it's almost time! Okay, all you sexy body doubles, that's a wrap!"

The Carter doubles all salute. "Aye-aye, Cay-Cay!"

Carter turns to Deuce and Ace. "You two also need to get ready. How do yo expect Riddle to forgive ya if you don't dress to impress?"

Ace looks down at his school uniform. "What's wrong with this?"

Carter waves off Ace. "Oh nothing, but Riddle has a strict dress code so you have to up your game." With a hand on Deuce and Ace's shoulder, Carter directs them into the dorm.

"Be back in a moment Y/N!" Carter calls out to you.

"Oh, okay." You awkwardly shuffle your feet, not sure what to do.

"What are you doing here all by yourself?"

You jump upon hearing a voice behind you. Turning to see who spoke, you see Trey approaching. You put a hand to your racing heart.

"Geez you scared the crap out of me."

Trey laughs, adjusting the rim of his glasses. "You scare too easily."

"You got that right." Grim laughs.

You notice Trey is wearing a different outfit than his school uniform. Trey wears a jacket, a black unbuttoned vest, and a white undershirt. The jacket is mainly white with a yellow trim. His right sleeve is black while his left has a black and white checkered pattern. Trey's sleeves are folded up just below his elbows and he also wears fingerless black gloves. The lapels of the jacket are shaped like a heart with one side black and the other red. Two yellow shoulder cords hang from his left shoulder strap. On his left lapel is a white rose, halfway covered in red paint. His pants are white with a yellow stripe running down the outer seams. Trey's wears a white fedora with a yellow and black striped band around it. On the side of his hat is a black club shaped pin.

"What's with the fancy getup?" Grim asks Trey.

"Oh this?" Trey holds the label on his jacket. "It's mandatory for the dorm to dress up for unbirthday parties."

"Oh," You glance at your own school uniform. "I wish I'd known. I could've found something a little more decent."

"That can be easily fixed." Trey waves his pen at you. "Paint the roses!"

You watched mesmerized as glowing sparkles swirl all around you. When the sparkles subside, your school uniform changed to a blue, knee length dress with a white apron. Your hair is pulled back by a black ribbon. You twirl around, loving the new outfit.

"Wow, thank you so much Trey!" You hug Trey, much to his surprise.

"I-it was no problem." Trey felt flustered. He didn't understand the sudden display of affection but he didn't mind. Trey wraps his arms around your waist, returning your hug.

The hug ended all too soon when the others returned. Trey let you go as you turned to see Deuce and Ace walking towards you. They wear a similar outfit to Trey but they don't have gloves or a hat like Trey. Deuce has a black vest but Carter and Ace has a red vest.

"Myah! Those are some fancy duds!" Grim compliments them.

Carter wraps an arm around Ace much to his annoyance. "These are Heartslabyul dorm clothes. Aren't they fierce? At the forefront of fashion, and they look great on Magicam."