Storytime With Floyd

You turn the page from the book you were reading. You were relaxing on the couch in your dorm after catching up on some homework.

The door bursts open, causing you to jump. Floyd walks in and flops on the couch next to you. He leans against the arm of the couch with his legs propped up against your lap.

"Uhhh," You look to the twin in surprise. "Hello to you too."

"I need a break from all the boring work Azul is making me do." Floyd explains.

"Oh, and what made you want to come here?" You ask.

"Cause I thought it'd be more fun around you."

You bring a hand up to hide your giggle. "I don't know about that. There's not much to do around here."

Floyd gives you a toothy grin. "Well what do you do for fun?"

"I draw when I can and I read." You hold up the book you were reading before Floyd barged in.

Floyd lets out a groan. "Don't tell me your the kind of person who reads for fun!"

You give him a mock offended look. "I'll have you know that reading can be very entertaining!"

"In what world is reading fun?"

You scoff. "You'd be surprised."

Floyd quirks an eye at the book. "What the book about of its so entertaining?"

You hand him the book. "It's about a girl going to a ball and losing a glass slipper and the prince tries to find her by trying the shoe on every girl until it fits the right girl."

Floyd bursts out laughing, clutching his sides. "That is the stupidest thing I ever heard!"

You scowl at the twin. He continues laughing. "A shoe made of glass? How can you take a step without breaking it? And that prince is even a bigger idiot! Don't some people have the same size foot?"

"You don't need to ruin the magic for me." You swipe the book back.

Floyd finally stops laughing. "Man you land dwellers sure make some funny stuff."

"Have you ever heard of not knocking it until you try it?" You ask.

Floyd tilts his head, staring at you for a moment. "Okay, Little Shrimpy. You read the story to me and then we'll see if I was wrong about it."

"And why do I have to read to you?"

Floyd grins. "Cause its better than me staring at a bunch of words for hours."

You sigh. "Fine."

You open the book to the first page, ready to start reading but Floyd stops you. He grins at your confused expression.

"We didn't even discuss the method of payment."

You stare at Floyd with wide eyes. "What? This isn't supposed to be some kind of a deal!"

"If you want me to listen to you read, than you'll have to do something for me."

"And what would you have me do?" You ask.

Floyd only grins. "I'll tell you after the story."

You glower at him. "Why would I agree to that?"

Floyd laughs. "Scared?"

"No. I know better than to accept deals like that."

"Awww, is the little Shrimpy scared?"