A Toxic Deception

You quietly walk into the coliseum hallway as you try to spot Vil. Grim trots beside you. You finally spot Vil walking further down the hall. You trail after him.

"Hey, Y/N. What's the deal?" Grim whispers. "We're done with rehearsal. We're allowed to go eat. So why're you followin' Vil?"

You hold your arms. "I just have a really bad feeling."

Vil comes to a halt in front of a door. You peer from the corner you're hiding in.

Grim tilts his head. "Oh hey, Vil's stopped in front of someone's dressing room. Who's he visiting?"

Vil knocks on the door and you hear footsteps rushing to answer.

"Coming!"

The door swings open to reveal Neige. "Oh, hi, Vi. What's up?"

Vil gives him a smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes. "We didn't get much of a chance to talk before rehearsal. I was hoping we might chat a bit more."

"Oh, of course!" Neige smiles brightly. "I was thinking the same thing."

Vil looks into the dressing room. "Where are your little friends?"

"Oh, Dominic and the others went to check out some exhibit booths. Those guys just can't sit still for a second." Neige laughs.

"Ah. So you're alone." Vil smirks. "Your rehearsal performance was splendid. You have a way of captivating everyone around you. You always have."

"Your performance was incredible too, you know!" Brugge smiles brightly. "I could never pull off a song as cool as that one. And your dance moves were in such perfect sync. My eyes were glued to the stage!"

"Well, thank you. I suppose we both want what we don't have. Say, Neige. Are you thirsty at all?" Vil holds out a small bottle. "I brought you some apple juice. I've been quite taken with this brand recently."

"Ooh, that's the one you posted about on Magicam!" Neige takes the apple juice. "I've been wanting to try it. How nice of you to bring me some!"

"By all means, then." Vil grins.

Neige brings the bottle to his lips. Your heart hammers in your chest. You take a step from your hiding spot.

"No-"

"Neige!"

You stop as Rook runs towards the pair. The two look to him in surprise.

Rook bows his head. "My apologies for interrupting your chat, but the staff was looking for you. They have questions about the main show performance. Roi des Neiges... Ah, pardon. Neige."

Neige tilts his head. "Roi des... what?"

"Oh, dear!" Rook sighs. "My throat is positively parched from running around looking for you. That apple juice you're holding looks so cold and refreshing. Might I trouble you to let me have it?"

"Oh, of course!" Neige hands him the bottle. "Here you go!"

"Thank you, Neige." Rook nods. "You should hurry on to the stage. And I suggest not coming back here again."

"Huh? What do you mean by that?" Neige asks.

"Go on, off with you, now!" Rook waves a hand. "Away, away!"

Neige takes off running, racing right past you. Vil looks to Rook in shock.

"Rook, why?"

"That sweet, tart apple aroma. It makes me envision a bright-red apple, just waiting for me to take a bite. Epel's hometown specialty is truly magnifique." Rook holds up the bottle in cheers. "I shall drink it to the last drop, Roi du Poison."