Start of an Uprising

You feel the cold hard ground beneath you. Opening your eyes, you see your in a cave. Standing up, you peer around the rock but immediately hide behind it again. Slowly peeking your eyes over the rock, you see the dark maned lion from earlier lounging on a long rock. He throws a bone at a bird stuck in a rib cage.

"Oh Zazu, do lighten up. Sing something for me with a little bounce in it."

The bird rolls his eyes. "I would never have had to do this with Mufasa."

The lion gets up and rushes to the bird. "What did you say?"

Zazu backs up against the cage. "Oh, nothing!"

"You know the law!" The lion growls. "Never, ever mention that name for I am the KING!"

"Hey boss!"

Looking to the entrance of the cave, you see three hyenas walking in.

"We've got a bone to pick with you!"

"Scar, there's no food and no water."

"And we're hungry!"

The lion rolls his eyes. "It's the lionesses job to do the hunting."

"But they won't go hunt."

Scar let's out a frustrated groan. "Eat Zazu."

The bird stutters. "Oh you wouldn't want to eat me! I'm all tough and boney."

A hyena leans in to whisper to the others. "I thought things were bad under Mufasa."

"What did you say?"

"I said Muf-"

One of the hyena elbows him.

"I said, uh, kaypasa?"

Scar narrows his eyes. "Good, now get out."

The hyenas turn to leave. "Yeah but... we're still hungry."

"OUT!"

You feel the pull tugging you away and the ripples filling your vision. Closing your eyes, you feel yourself falling back onto your bed.

If he can't stand being compared to the previous ruler, maybe he should try harder. What happened to all that motivation he had before he was king?

"Hey, wake up."

You feel someone gently shaking your shoulders. Opening your eyes, you're startled to see Jack standing next to your bed.

Grim jumps and hides behind you. "What are you doin' in our dorm?"

Jack sheepishly rubs the back of his neck. "I, uh, was on my morning run. Today's the day of the Spelldrive tournament, and I wanted to make sure you didn't mess everything up by oversleeping."

Grim immediately perks up. "Oh! Yeah, you're right! We gotta catch the bad guys so they'll squeeze Ramshackle House into the tournament as a reward!"

Grim bounds out of bed and rushes to get ready. Jack looks to you and you smile up at him. "Don't worry, we'll be there."

Jack let's put a sigh. "I'll see ya at the tournament grounds. Don't you dare go back to sleep!"

A student with white hair and glasses walks along the stalls set up for the festival. He wears a long coat over his shoulders. The uniform's top consists of a black suit, a lavender-gray scarf, a white button up undershirt, and a purple bow tie. The uniform also comes with a black cummerbund and slacks, white gloves, and a black fedora. Azul pushes his glasses into place, humming to himself.