A Contract Signed

Azul leads you to a room in the Mostro Lounge. The walls are filled with books. A stylish carpet is placed on the polished wooden floor. Two, dark blue couches sit atop the soft carpet with a coffee table in the middle. In front of the couches is a large desk, you assume it's Azul's, and behind the desk is a large vault.

Jack looks around in surprise. "What IS this place? Are we really still on school property? Look at that huge vault... It's like some kinda bank."

Azul grins and leads you to one of the couches. "All right, that's enough rubbernecking. Please, have a seat."

You take a seat on the couch and Jack sits next to you, keeping an eye on Azul and the twins place tea on the table. Azul sits behind his desk, smiling at you. "So, what would you like to discuss with me?"

"I want you to free those students, please." You try to keep your voice even to show your more confident than you currently feel.

Azul laughs. "Goodness me. That's quite the demand to make right out the gate. You would ask me to release all two hundred twenty five students from their contracts with me?"

Jack's eyes widen. "You bamboozled that many people? That's nuts!"

"Yes, well, Jade and Floyd did a bit of proactive market outreach this year. Thanks to that, I've had no shortage of clients ready to strike up deals with me. Now Y/N, as for your request to free these students..." Azul waves a hand. "I am not forcing them to labor under any undue duress."

You tilt your head, wondering what Azul is getting at.

"They made a contract with me, and they willingly consented to the terms laid out in writing. Contracts are ironclad agreements not subject to intervention from outside parties on any emotional basis. Poor, unfortunate souls they are not. To put it more bluntly," Azul grins. "your protestations will avail you nothing, no matter how much you might kick and scream."

You pause for a moment before looking Azul straight in the eyes. "I was told you're willing to grant any wish as part of a deal."

"Wait, what?" Jack puts a hand to your shoulder. "Have you lost it?"

You look back to the wolf and cover his hand with your own. "Don't worry, I got this."

Azul let's out a laugh. "You want to make a deal with me? Now there's an interesting proposal."

"Little Shrimpy's got some guts!" Floyd says from by the door.

"Now, while your interest is duly noted..." Azul pushes his glasses into place. "There's a wee bit of a snag. You see Y/N, my understanding is that you have no innate magical power, nor are you heir to any kingdom. You're an utterly run-of-the-mill human in every possible way. Considering the big ask you're making of me, I would need considerable collateral."

Jack folds his arms. "Such as?"

Azul puts a hand to his chin in thought. "Hm, I don't know... Just off the top of my head, how about usage rights for Ramshackle Dorm, which is presently under Y/N's supervision?"

"Hey..." Jack growls. "Was that your whole angle from the-"

The door bursts wide open and a soaked, soap covered Grim runs in, leaving a trail of suds and water behind him.

"SIGN ME UP FOR THAT!"

"Grim?" You look to the cat in surprise. "How long have you been there?"

"I can't TAKE it anymore! My fur ain't for washin' dishes!"

Jade shakes his head. "Ducking out of work to eavesdrop on others is hardly employee-of-the-month behavior, Grim. Floyd, eject him."