Octavinelle Epilogue

Banging comes from your door, causing you to jump from your spot on the couch. Before you could even move to open the door, Floyd storms into the foyer and wraps you into a tight hug.

"Morning, Little Shrimpy, Baby Seal! We're here to get you. It's time to go!"

Grim arches his back as his fur stands on end. "Whenever I see you two, I'm always worried you're schemin' something. Makes my heart skip a beat."

"Please." Jade stands next to you and Floyd. "We would never dream of getting rough with those who aren't in breach of contract. The weather's quite clear today, perfect for an outing." Jade grins. "On that note..."

With an arm still wrapped around you, Floyd points excitedly to the door. "Off we go to the Atlantica Memorial Museum!"

"Azul's arranged it so that we'll have the whole museum booked for ourselves." Jade explains. "He's already gone ahead and is waiting for us on-site."

Your eyes widen. "Whoa, how did he do that?"

Floyd waves you off. "What does it matter? C'mon, let's move. Time's a-wastin'!"

You walk into the museum, this time to explore instead of swiping a picture. You stare in wonder at all the amazing sights that you missed the last time you were here.

Ace lets out a low whistle. "Duuude! WILD. So this is what it's like inside."

"There's a statue of a legendary Sea King." Deuce tilts his head. "Huh. I guess there're more famous figures around these parts than just the Sea Witch."

Jack folds his arms, smiling at the statue. "Wow. That king's pretty ripped."

"Welcome, everyone, to the Atlantica Memorial Museum." Azul steps to the middle of your group. "The Mostro Lounge will be holding a study tour today. Or at least, that's the purpose of our visit on paper. Regardless, I bid you take your time and enjoy yourselves."

"There you are, octo-tentacle Azul!" Grim tilts his head curiously. "Only... you're not. Are you just stayin' in human form?"

Azul pushes his glasses into place. "Yes. Betentacled mermen like myself aren't common around these parts. I wouldn't want to draw any undue attention to myself when our job is to return a photo on the sly."

Jade swims around Azul in his mer form. "I see no reason to be concerned. No one would see the cute chubby little merman in the picture and connect that it's you."

Floyd swims next to you, floating upside down and arms folded behind his head. "It wouldn't hurt you any to swim around in your real form on a trip home! Why limit yourself to two legs when you can have eight?"

Azul folds his arms and huffs. "Just drop it, please. I'm going to slip the photo back in its spot. The rest of you, feel free to explore the museum."

Floyd lights up with excitement. "Hey, check it out. There's a display for the mermaid princess's silver hair comb."

Everyone swims over to look at the display. Ace leans in to get a closer look. "I saw a picture of that in the pamphlet before. That's clearly a fork, not a comb, right?"

Jade chuckles. "Maybe that's how it looks to you land-dwellers."

You laugh as Azul swims to stand next to you. "You're not joining them?"

You shake your head. "I thought I'd check in with you. I wanted to make sure you were alright."

Azul was taken aback by your answer. He looks down at the picture. "I thought that if I could erase every photo of my past... I could erase my past itself, my youth spent mocked as a slow, dimwitted octo-twerp. The Sea Witch never hid her past misdeeds."