Rivalry Prelude

You're walking down one of the long hallways in the school. Trey and Riddle on either side of you and you hold Grim in your arms. You run into Cater and Lilia in the hallway.

"Hey, Trey! Hey, Riddle!" Cater waves. "What's the haps? I saw a group of guys wearing your collars earlier. You sure aren't wasting any time!"

"More like the troublemakers aren't wasting any time." Trey adjusts his glasses. "Are you and Lilia about to make your Pop Music Club presentation?"

Lilia nods. "Yes. It's a far cry from the glamour of the SDC, but the Pop Music Club is throwing a concert of its own, and we'll be in it."

"Trey gets snapped up by Riddle, and Kalim gets snapped up by Vil." Cater sighs dramatically. "Cay-Cay's all left out!"

Trey shake his head. "I've told you before that I'm terrible at dancing and singing."

"What's the matter, Cater? Am I not sufficient company for you?" Lilia teases.

"Oh, far from it! I know you're gonna kill it out there, Lilia. Just keep the improv dialed down for this, okay?" Cater laughs.

Lilia turns his crimson eyes to you. "Ah, Y/N. I understand you gave him an invitation to the SDC in return for his holiday greeting card?"

You nod. "That's right. He seemed pretty happy about it."

"He may not have said as much, but he was over the moon about it." Lilia places a hand to his chest and bows his head. "I'm grateful as well. Thank you for going out of your way to invite him."

"Ooh, what's this?" Cater plays with a strand of his hair. "You've got a Diasomnia bud now, Y/N?"

"I don't know his name, but he's tall and has horns on his head." You inform.

The Heartslabyul boys freeze, their eyes wide.

Trey looks to Riddle. "A guy with horns? And he goes to our school?"

Riddle nods. "There's only one person I know who fits that description..."

Lilia folds his arms. "Let's not get distracted, Cater. We'll be late if we don't get to the stage soon."

Cater shakes himself out of his stupor. "Oh, uh, you're right."

"We'll be taking our leave, then." Lilia smiles to you. "May your SDC show be a successful one, Y/N."

You smile. "Thank you."

"Oh yes, it's almost noon. Y/N, shouldn't you and Grim be getting to the SDC rehearsal?" Riddle asks.

Grim's eyes widen. "Myah! That's right! If we're late, Vil's gonna make us drink cursed juice!"

"We've gotten tickets from Ace, too." Trey looks to you with a smile. "Break a leg out there. We'll be cheering for you."

Riddle nods. "Tell our freshmen that if they embarrass themselves on stage, it's off with their heads."

You can't help but laugh. "I'll pass it on."

You're back in the coliseum and see the stage completely finished. The stage looks incredible. The screen lights up with the SDC logo. Little sparkles shimmer in the background.

"Wow, they were workin' hard on this stage the last time we came by, and now it's totally finished." Grim marvels.

You see the press everywhere setting up for the performance. A bunch of cameras are set up and pointed at the stage. You start to feel slightly nervous.