Poisonous Outbreak

You slowly back away from Vil. His back arches as he looks to the ceiling, laughing like a madman. Kalim holds onto your shoulders protectively as you both stare with wide eyed at what Vil has become.

Rook looks to Vil sadly. "Oh, Vil... What a frightful, sorrowful sight you are. And yet so darkly dazzling. I can scarcely take my eyes off you, however clouded they may be."

Grim wobbles on your shoulder. "I'm gettin' all... lightheaded..."

Your legs start to shake and you fall. Kalim catches you and holds you close to his chest. You cling to his vest. "I-I don't feel so good..."

Worry flashes through Kalim's eyes. "Y/N! Stay with me!"

A rush of air sweeps past you. Something fly's around Vil.

Vil waves a hand. "Get out of here, you pest!"

Kalim squints his eyes. "Is that you, magic carpet? What are you doing here?"

The carpet rushes towards you and you notice Jamil is the one on the carpet.

"Everyone, get on!"

"Jamil!" You cry out.

Kalim helps you step on to the carpet. You're about to collapse when Jamil catches you. Rook and Kalim both hop on and the carpet races down the hall. Jamil keeps one arm around you as he guides the carpet.

"You will never escape me!" Vil shouts.

You rest your head against Jamil's chest. The carpet shoots out of the hall and into the coliseum. Now that you're out of the toxic air, you can finally breathe again. Lifting your head, you see dark clouds blocking out the sun.

"The skies were clear and sunny before, yet now a tempest rages." Rook remarks. "Truly, it is like a reflection of Vil's own heart."

"Jamil, we need to evacuate the staff and students, now!" Kalim looks over the carpets edge and his eyes widen. "Wait, why is the whole place suddenly empty?"

Jamil rolls his eyes. "Remind me again, how many years have I been covering for you every time you pull a crazy stunt? Of course I had the place evacuated already."

"What?" Grim exclaims. "But how?"

"I simply 'suggested' Neige should preform for this waiting outside." Jamil smirks. "A free performance from a celebrity brought everyone outside the colosseum."

You can't help but chuckle. "Classic Scarabia."

Jamil lands the carpet in front of the stage. "When I saw the look on Vil's face after Neige's rehearsal, I had a feeling something was brewing." Jamil looks pointedly at Kalim. "And I also had a feeling SOMEONE would poke the hornets' nest and set off a worst-case scenario."

"Huh?" Kalim's eyes widen. "Why are you making it sound like this is MY fault? I couldn't just ignore it!"

"Whether your intentions were pure or not, the result is the same: the hornets' nest has fallen. Now we have to figure out what to do about it." Jamil folds his arms.

"Well, you still pulled through for us." Kalim smiles. "Thanks, Jamil!"

Jamil only rolls his eyes.

"Merveilleux, Jamil." Rook claps Jamil on the back. "Your cunning eye doesn't miss the slightest hint of trouble from Kalim. Your bond runs deeper than that of a simple aid. Truly, c'est beau!"

"Please." He scoffs. "This is just years of experience for me. And more to the point, if I let this play out, my whole plan to clean up my image will be completely ruined!"