Cooking With Jamil

You hear a knock on the door. You look up from examining the photos you've taken. Standing up from the couch, you walk to the door. Upon opening it, you're surprised to see Jamil.

"Oh, hi Jamil."

"Hello, Y/N." Jamil smiles warmly. "I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me to the marketplace. Kalim asked me to make him this dessert and we don't have enough ingredients."

You tilt your head. "And you wanted to invite me to go with you?"

Jamil shrugs. "Thought it would be an easier trip if I had someone to help me. If I invited Kalim, he'd just buy everything he sees."

You laugh. "Yeah, that definitely sounds like Kalim. I didn't have anything planned for today so I'd love to join you."

Jamil smiles. "Im sure you'll like it at the marketplace."

"Definitely! Just let me grab my jacket and shoes." You run into the foyer and grab your jacket off the hook and rush to put your shoes on.

Slinging your bag on your shoulder, you walk outside and close the door. "Lead the way."

Using the Dark Mirror, you quickly make it to the marketplace. It's bustling with activity. Stands line the streets with people selling their products and shoppers milling around.

You scoot closer to Jamil. "It's really busy here."

Jamil holds your hand. "Don't worry. I won't let you get lost."

Jamil leads you through the stalls, confidently walking to the one he needs.

"So what dessert are you making?" You ask.

"Kalim asked to have orange saffron cakes." Jamil says as he examines an orange. "They didn't have enough oranges at the school and they didn't have semolina, which is a key ingredient."

"I have no idea what that is but I do enjoy a good cake." You sheepishly laugh. "I pretty much like any dessert."

Jamil chuckles. "I'd love to make some for you."

"Oh, you don't have to." You wave him off. "You already have to make them for Kalim."

Jamil looks to you through the corner of his eyes, smirking. "Well, how about this? You help me with the prep work and I'll give you some to take with you."

You smile and hold out your hand. "You got yourself a deal."

Jamil chuckles and shakes your hand. "Glad we could come to an agreement."

After shopping for the ingredients, you head back to the school through the Dark Mirror. You make your way to the kitchen with Jamil. He sets the bags on the counter and starts unpacking them.

"I'll have you zest the oranges while I roast the semolina." Jamil instructs.

You nod. "Got it."

You grab the zester and start scrapping the oranges. Jamil flawlessly preps the batter. Once the oranges were needed, he combines them and pours the batter into a baking sheet. Jamil puts the sheet into the oven and sets a timer.

"Now let's prepare tonight's dinner." Jamil turns to you with a grin.

"What are you making?" You ask.

"WE are making Mansaf. A traditional meal with cooked lamb with a yoghurt sauce and rice."

You quirk an eye. "We? I never made anything like that. How am I supposed to help?"