*Christmas Special* Completely Out of Our League

Crowley shakes his head in disbelief. "I didn't expect Team Tall to get wiped out so quickly."

"Did you see how Floyd goaded the ghost into slapping him? Zero hesitation." Riddle glances at the Headmage. "Let that be a lesson: It is folly to pick bridal candidates solely based on height!"

Ace clutches his sides from laughing so hard. "Dude, Trey's singing was hysterical! I know some people got simple tastes, but man! Those lyrics. Talk about priceless!"

Deuce tries to keep a straight face. "Cut it out, Ace! No need to insult Trey..." Deuce couldn't help but snicker. "I just can't! It gets me whenever I think about it!"

Rook sighs. "Alas, poor Vil! His immaculate cheeks, marred by a maple leaf-shaped slapmark! And the color matches too. It breaks my heart! His fair features being blemished is a tragedy of epic proportions."

"Uh, yeah... Totally." Epel chuckles. "But golly, the look on his face when he got shot down..."

You sigh and shake your head. "The whole thing was a comedy of errors."

Crowley glowers. "This is hardly the time to be yukking it up! This isn't a game. Shroud's very life hangs on the balance! Dear, oh dear. Where do we go from here?"

"You need not worry on that score!"

You turn around to see Azul step forward with a hand in his chest. "I would like to make up for the shortcomings of my dormmates, Jade and Floyd. My word, they have no idea how to treat a lady. I, on the other hand, can offer you an Azul Ashengrotto guarantee: I'll get the Circle of Severance on her hand."

"Oh please." Cater steps forward. "I'M your guy if you want advice on how to woo a cutie." Carter winks at you.

Deuce tilts his head. "Wow, Cater. You seem pretty into this."

Cater shrugs. "What can I say? I'm in my element! Ooh, you should come with, Deucey." Cater wraps an arm around Deuce. "The more wingmen the merrier!"

"Wait, me?" Deuce's eyes widen. "This kind of stuff isn't really my strong suit... I don't know the first thing about girls' feelings!"

Ace folds his arms. "Oh, so you're just gonna abandon Trey? I see how it is."

"What? No!" Deuce steps out of Cater's hold. "I would never do that!"

"Then get to scootin'. I'm sure Trey's just waiting for you to swoop in and save the day." Ace grins.

Deuce looks to the school, a determined look on his face. "You know what? You're right. Trey deserves to have his revenge. I'll be the guy to deliver it."

Ace pats Deuce on the back. "There you go! Shoot your shot and sweep her off her ghostly feet!"

You shake your head. "Man you guys are the worst."

Deuce turns to Cater. "Okay, count me in, Cater! Let's band together and crash that wedding hall!"

Cater plays with a strand of his hair as he whispers. "Oh, Deucey. You can't even see how he's playing you."

Lilia steps forward. "I suppose I might as well throw my hat into the ring as well. I could barely call myself a teacher if I failed to make up for my student's deficiencies."

Epel grins. "That sounded so cool!"

Lilia chuckles. "The matter is in good hands, rest assured."

"Too bad you won't even get a turn, Lilia. Cay-Cay's gonna slay-slay!" Cater holds a peace sign next to his head.

Azul laughs. "I believe you'll both find me a very hard act to follow."