A Tradition Lesson

"Mrrah! I've had it with these boring classes!"

You let out a sigh as you hold Grim tightly to your chest, not wanting him to escape again.

"You'll never become a great mage if you don't go to class!"

Grim huffed at your words. "UGH! When did you get all bossy?"

Your little group make your way to the cafeteria for lunch. The room already full of students grabbing their food and chatting with others. Grim clambered onto your shoulder and raised his paws in the air.

"Wooo! Lunchtime at last! Whoa! They got some good-lookin' grub!"

You look at the large spread of all kinds of food. "Ooh, a buffet. That's fancy."

Grim rubbed his paws together in excitement. "Look how fluffy those omelets are! Ooh, grilled chicken! And a bacon and egg tart!"

Ace cringed at Grims shouts. "Shhh! Dude, inside voices! Where was this energy earlier today?"

"Y/N, grab me the grilled chicken! There's only one left! And an omelet too. And that jelly-filled bread. Just fill your whole tray with 'em!" Grim leaped down from your shoulder and ran to the food table, grabbing a grilled cheese. Running back to you, Grim crashed into a student.

"Ow!"

The student whirled around to face Grim. "Hey! Watch where you're goin'! M-my carbonara! You broke the yolk!"

The student's friend shook his head. "Whoa, that's messed up! Pokin' the egg is the best part! You better make this right, pal!"

"I'm gonna need that grilled chicken of yours as compensation."

Grim held the sandwich away from the hostile boys. "Myah? No way! Hands of the bird, chump! I need my protein, because I am HANGRY!"

"Hey! That's no way to speak to an upperclassman! Catch me outside and I'll teach you some respect!"

The student and his friends advanced on Grim. You scooped Grim into into your arms and backed away from the boys. Deuce stepped in front of you protectively.

"Um, excuse me, sir, but it said in the handbook that fighting with magic was prohibited."

"Fighting?" The student scoffs. "You got it all wrong. This is just me helpin' an ignorant freshman know his place."

His friend laughs. "Now, let's see just how many ways there are to skin a cat, heh!"

Ace stepped in front of you as well. Both Deuce and Ace glower at the opposing boys, looking more intimidating than you have ever seen them. Ace took a step forward and the other boys stepped back.

"Whoa, didn't know you had that in you."

"Look, I'm gonna let you off the hook this time, but only 'cuz I don't want my pasta gettin' cold."

The group walks away, you let out a sigh of relief. Grim triumphantly laughs at the retreating boys.

"Pffft! I knew you were all talk! You better hope I never see you again!"

"What happened to no more incidents?" You ask.

"Can we just get some lunch already?" Ace rubs the back of his neck. "I missed breakfast, and I'm about to collapse."

Deuce folded his arms and sighs. "I can't believe this. Textbook bullies at an academy that's supposed to be famous for producing exceptional mages"

"Aw, get over it already. It's time to chow like the wind!" Grim took large bites out of his sandwich. "This sandwich s practically burstin' with cheese!"