A Rash Decision

"Who in tarnation shot outta the mirror and bum-rished us?" Epel exclaims. "You coulda really hurt someone!"

"My apologies, Monsieur Pommette. I was in a great hurry." Rook helps you stand back up. "Are you all right, Y/N?"

You nod. "Yeah. I'm good."

Epel relaxes. "Oh, it's you, Rook. Goodness, I've never seen you in such a rush. That's a big suitcase you got there. And you're carrying a broom. Are you going somewhere?"

"That I am. I might not be back for some time, but do keep your chin up." Rook starts walking past you.

You and Epel exchange a confused glance. Epel quickly rushes after Rook. "Wait, what? What do you mean? Where are you going?"

"The Island of Woe." Rook replies matter of fact.

"Now just hold yer horses!" Epel steps in front of Rook. "You ain't really goin' after Vil an' the others by yerself, are you?"

"Oui, I am." Rook nods. "And I am aware it is dangerous. But I implore you, do not try and stop me. I came to a horrifying realization when I returned to the dorm, you see."

"Really?" Epel asks skeptically. "And what was that?"

"When Vil was captured, he wasn't carrying a single skincare product!"

You tilt your head. "Wait, are you serious?"

"Very." Rook continues. "The changing of the seasons can have a tremendous impact on one's skin. Dryness is the nautral enemy of a healthy complexion. If one is derelict in their skincare routine, the forbidden red fruit will swiftly bloom on their forehead and chin."

"Forbidden red fruit..." Epel scrunches his eyes. "Wait, do you mean pimples?"

"Don't you have more important things to worry about?" You ask.

Took shakes his head. "I'm afraid not. Pimples are a symbol of youth. They do have their own charm. But Vil has a photo shoot for a magazine cover next week. And he is a firm believer in showing up to shoots in top form."

"Phooey to his photo shoot!" Epel shouts. "We don't know if he's ever comin' back! An' ain't you the vice housewarden? You can't leave our dorm unsupervised!"

Took places a hand to his chest. "I am le Chasseur d'Amour first, and Pomefiore vice housewarden second. I've dedicated my life to the pursuit and defense of beauty. I cannot sit idly by when beauty is in danger like this! And so, I now depart to safeguard my friend's exquisite face."

Rook takes off but Epel chases after him. "Wait, you can't just go!"

"How are you even going to get there?" You ask. "No one has any idea where the island is."

"The Island of Woe's precise location is shrouded in mystery, it's true." Rook smirks. "But worry not. For I can envision where Vil and the others are."

"Envision?" Epel scoffs. "Whaddaya mean by that?"

Rook looks outside. "Alas, the sun sets lower with every passing second. As much as it pains me, I must depart. I bid you good day. Adieu!"

With that, Rook hops onto the broom and takes off. You and Epel chase after him but it's no use.

"He left." Epel stares at the darkening sky. "The Island of Woe's probably crawling with those soldiers who took Vil and the others. Not even Rook can handle those guys by himself. He's flying straight into danger."

Epel starts pacing. "What do we do? Should we tell a teacher? Or maybe we could follow him and stop him." Epel shakes his head. "Wait, no. Professor Crewel told us to stay put. But..."