01

[chapter 1]

Lethokuhle's pov

I feel like my heart will explode with nerves as it is a day before our matric results are published. My grandparents have been trying to make me feel calm especially my grandfather but it isn't working. I am currently stalking my crush as a way to calm myself down. My crush by the way is my best friend's brother, who doesn't even notice me. He treats me like his sister which is a bummer. I am going through his Instagram feed and I must say, he is really hot with his bushy curly little afro. He dyed it blonde and it suits him then his piercings.

Gogo: "Thotho!!" she calls out for me. That is a nickname she calls me by. I go to her and as always she's busy. This one is such a busybody, she never runs out of things to do while I am a lazy bum. I only get energetic once in a while and she has made
peace with it.

Me: "'Mah?"

Gogo: "Please go to MaMnikathi and give her this. Do not open it and if she isn't home then come back with it."

Me: "What is this anyway?" she gives me one of her intimidating looks.

Gogo: "Just do as I say for once, without questioning me! Please!" she says annoyed. I chuckle nodding my head yes. I walk to the Mnikathi household which is right next door. I honestly don't understand why my grandmother couldn't call out for her friend by the fence like they always do. Anyway I knock on the door until I'm invited inside

Me: "Sanibonani." I greet the two oldies who are cuddling together with the TV playing.

Gogo'M: "Wenza kahle wafika, my child please do me a favour. Go to kwaMzimela and buy me some onions."

Mkhulu' M: "Hawu nkosikazi, I thought I planted every type of vegetable for you nje!?!"

Gogo'M: "Yes Mnikathi but they are not growing much and I've run out of them."

Mkhulu' M: "Let me go for you sthandwa sami."

Me: "No, it's fine I will go mkhulu." he nods. Gogo tells me to follow her to her room.

Gogo: "Ouuhh my friend is the best. I have been waiting for this package for such a long time!" she says taking the plastic and peeps inside it.

Me: "What is it Gogo?" Well, it's not like I didn't take a peek and saw some herbal tea.

Gogo: "Nithanda izinto nina zingane. Here, go to the store fast. " she hands me money.

*********
When I returned, there was another car parked in the yard next to Mkhulu Mnikathi's car. Judging by the number plate, it's Uncle Nsizwa and his family. I rush inside excitedly hoping that my best friend is also here.

Me: "Sanibonani." I greet my friend's parents. Aunt Thando smiles widely and opens her arms inviting me for a hug. She hugs me tightly and kisses my head.

Aunt'Thando: "I missed you so much baby." she hugs me again. Her husband also hugs me kissing my forehead.

Me: "I missed you guys too. Where's my best friend?!"

Lwande: "Aybo! Do you not see me?!" he asks dramatically and forces a hug from me.

Gogo: "Where are my onions Letho?!" I break free from Lwa and go give Gogo her vegetables.

Aunt'Thando: "I bought something for you love."  she says excitedly handing me shopping bags.

Me: "Forever 21?! I don't think we have that shop around SA!?!"

Aunt'Thando: "Who said these are from SA?!" I jump on her excitedly and she catches me, hugging me tightly as we both scream.

Nqobile: "What's with the noise?" she asks walking in with her younger siblings. I scream louder and she joins me as we jump on each other.

Gog'Mnikathi: "Heeey!! Keep your noise down you two!" We giggle and then go to her room.