34

[Chapter 34]

TWO MONTHS LATER.

Lethokuhle

Today is my baby's birthday, he's finally turning five and he is super excited about it. I decided to throw him a surprise party in his favourite place which is the Zoo park. His grandparents took care of all the costs and I only paid for the cake. I planned everything with the help of my siblings and friend.

I was the one who was strolling around with him just so he doesn't get any idea of what might happen, he is very sleek these days.

Sqalo: "Thotho."

Me: "Mmh?"

Sqalo: "UMkhuluza akangifonelanga." he says sadly. Well dad is always the first one to call him on his birthday ever since he could converse.

Me: "He will call, i'm sure."

Sqalo: "Siyaphi?"

Me: "You will see." he sighs sinking into his seat. I feel like laughing but that would be a bad idea because he will cry until kingdom comes. When Fathima texts me, I'm already driving towards the entrance.

Me: "WeSqalo."

Sqalo: "Mah?"

Me: "You remember you said you wanted to see a hippo one day?" he nods excitedly.

Sqalo: "Yes yes yes!"

Me: "I will show it to you but first I have to close your eyes."

Sqalo: "Okay." he says jumping happily on his seat. I unbuckle him then myself and get out of the car. I help him out of the car and lock my car before blindfolding him.

Me: "Hold my hand tight yezwa?" he nods. We walk to the grounds where they've set up. I make him stand in front of me facing his guests

Sqalo: "Thotho, ngikhiphe phela!" I giggle then take the blindfold off as everyone shouts surprise. He jumps up and down screaming with them then crushes me with a big hug.

Sqalo: "Ngiyabonga Thotho." I bend down kissing his nose then let him hug his people.

****
The kids were now playing and the adults were eating, I was standing on the side watching the kids. My heart was happy seeing my baby this happy has to be the best thing ever.

Lwande: "You did good mommy, our son is happy." he says behind me.

Me: "Thank you!" We stand in total silence until Fana disrupts us by crashing into me, holding on to my legs. I had invited Lizwi's son and he had came with his nannny.

Me: "What is it baby?" he giggles.

Fana: "Sqalo is carrying a bird mama!" I laugh picking him up.

Me: "You are scared?" he nods laying his head on my shoulder. I get him a juicebox so he can calm down.

Me: "You not hungry?"

Fana: "I am mama." I place him gently on the pillow and dish up for the both of us then go join him. I feed the both of us, Sqalo and Melody also join us.

Melody: "Thotho, can I have more fries."

Me: "Okay baby." I stand up and go dish up again for all the kids.

Aunt: "Thotho, don't overwork yourself." I chuckle.

Me: "I'm not mah." I serve the kids that have joined my rascals. I go around our setup picking up the papers, I slightly scream when someone grabs me by my waist picking me up. I punch his chest when I see who it is.

Lizwi: "Hello sthandwa sami." I roll my eyes.

Me: "Your meeting is finally over?"

Lizwi: "Yes. Did he like my gift?"

Me: "He hasn't seen them yet." he smiles then pulls me to him bymy waist. I glance back at the guests and I notice that they staring.

Lizwi: "Yini?"

Me: "Ngiyeka Lizwi."

Lizwi: "Hawu."

Me: "Come, let me prepare you a plate." we walk back. He greets and takes a seat, when Fana notices him he runs to him and so Sqalo and Melody follow, throwing their bodies at him. Sqalo and Melody are just being forward honestly, they always copying each other in everything. Melody doesn't even know Lizwi but because my forward son ran to him, she also did.

Lizwi: "Sanibonani bomuntuza." he kisses their foreheads.

Lwande: "Melody, come here!" you can't miss his aggressive tone.

***
Everyone was now leaving, some had already left.

Sqalo: "Thotho, i'm going with baba."

Me: "You can't baby. You will go tomorrow, angithi uFanaz is here to visit you haw."

Lwande: "But he wants to come with ne Letho."

Me: "Angicabangi usazobaleka Lwande, he can still see you tomorrow. You can leave Melody too, I will look after her."

Lwande: "I'm not doing that ube kukhona lendoda yakho." I sigh shaking my head.

Uncle Nsizwa: "Stop being petty wena mfana, umdala mawungaka!" He crouches next to Melody who crying silently.

Uncle: "Baby girl, do you want to go with Thotho?" she nods sniffing, uncle Nsizwa gets up and Melody moves closer to him holding on to his pants.

Lwande: "Baba, she is still my child."

Uncle: "Uyayondla?" he asks annoyed.

Uncle: "Thotho sis, take these little brats with you. Have fun shame." he says laughing. I lead my rascals to my car. Lizwi had also left but he left Fana with me. I drive off after buckling them carefully.

Me: "What do you want to have for dinner?"

Fana: "Pizza!"

Sqalo: "Meat!"

Melody: "Burger and chips!" I laugh.

Me: "How about we have everything just for today? We will have a pyjama party of our own." they cheer.

___
When we get to my place, I give them baths first then move the couches back. I get blankets from the guest room and lay them on the floor then scatter pillows before placing our throws on top. I get the food and transfer it into plates then put on cartoons as they all settle.