64

{Sponsored by: Ntobeko}

NARRATED

It has now been three weeks and he still can't find her anywhere. There haven't even been any notifications of his cards being used. All the hotels they own don't have any rooms booked under her name. His mother also doesn't know where she is, including her family.

>>>
Just as he lay on his bed thinking, his phone rang but like always he ignored it. He decides to see his kids today, it's been so long and he feels bad for neglecting them. He takes a long shower, shaving off all the hair that has grown immensely. His face looks more smooth now than it did a couple of minutes ago. He dresses up casually and then makes the bed, opens the curtains, and cleans around his bedroom.

He goes downstairs and makes himself a cup of coffee. He doesn't want to wallow in his feelings for now, he just wants to push them back so he can be able to focus on his kids. His phone rings again, he frowns at the unknown number but answers anyway.

MaKhumalo: "Mkhwenyana, unjani?"

Lizwi: "Uhm ngiyaphila mah wena?" could it be that Letho told her grandparents? he thinks to himself.

MaKhumalo: "I am tired. Please come and get your wife la. Whatever is going on between you two, you better solve it."

Lizwi: "I will be there tonight mah, thank you." he says with his voice sounding a bit louder now. He quickly takes his car keys and goes to his car. He locked the gate and drove off to the airport. He will have to use his wife's surprise so he can get there fast.

A few hours later, he was now driving towards the Khumalo household. He had to hire a car at the airport. He parks in front of the gate, and Khumalo comes out of the house to open the gate for him.

Lizwi: "Sanibona mkhulu?!"

Khumalo: "Yebo mfana, follow me inside but lock my gate first." he says handing him the lock. They both walk inside the house, finding Letho sleeping on the couch. His lips automatically stretch into a big relieved smile.

MaKhumalo: "Mkhwenyana."

Lizwi: "Yebo mah"

MaKhumalo: "You are sleeping over tonight and tomorrow morning, I want you to take your wife and leave my house. Hhayi ngikhathele, lesisu simenza abe luhlaza and mina ngizomukhahlela nje." Khumalo laughs while Lizwi is just confused.

Lizwi: "Isisu mah?"

Makhumalo: "She's pregnant, I can see her. She keeps denying it when I tell her and then becomes rude."  Sh8t! he thinks. She is definitely going to kill him if she is pregnant.

Khumalo: "Take her to her room son and come back." he nods and gently scoops his wife into his arms. He kisses her face with his tears building up in his eyes but manages to blink them away. He lays her gently on the bed and covers her. He stands for a few minutes looking at her then sighs and finally walks back to the living room.

Makhumalo: "You look very skinny. I want you to finish all that food." she said placing a mountainous plate of food in front of him.

Khumalo: "Letho told us what happened." he choked on his food.

Khumalo: "I'm sorry son." he says pouring him a glass of water.

MaKhumalo: "Who is this girl?"

Lizwi: "She is Fana's aunt."

Khumalo: "Wena what is your take on this situation?!"

Lizwi: "I don't know baba. A lot is going through my mind and I can't even function straight."

Khumalo: "You do know that women can be monsters too?!"

Lizwi: "Yebo baba." he says gobbling his food.

Khumalo: "My friend next door, uMnikathi was also once in your shoes. Yena ke, they found out that the woman had raped him and then just left the baby on his doorstep and fled. Nsizwa is the child.". Lizwi swallows hard as he feels a lump in his throat.

Lizwi: "I don't know baba but what I know is that I would kill that girl if she raped me. I will kill her and her abomination child!"

MaKhumalo: "Ehlisa umoya khehla."

Lizwi: "I hope it isn't that." he says trying to convince himself that maybe it was another way.

MaKhumalo: "Talk to Letho in the morning. Y'all both should be holding hands and finding answers during this time. Especially after what she told me happened between her and Amahle."

Lizwi: "Amahle?! What happened?"

Khumalo: "She didn't tell you?!" he shakes his head.

MaKhumalo: "They had a fallout and that girl said some words to her."

Lizwi: "What kind of words mah?"

MaKhumalo: "Kuningi but she also said something about her marriage failing."  Lizwi scoffs

Lizwi: "I will kill that girl with my bare hands now."

Khumalo: "Calm down son. Another thing, make sure you keep our daughter away from those people. I have seen that they don't love her and they are very hateful and jealous."

Lizwi: "I have noticed too baba. I just didn't want to seem controlling so I let her be but now I will make sure."