71

LETHOKUHLE

The next couple of days were really hard on me but Lizwi and our friends were very supportive and comforting. Aunt Thando also called me regularly checking up on me, my grandparents too so I was in a good space, I wasn't about to sink into some dark hole.

Right now I was baking with my two preschool dropouts. Lizwi sorted out that white b8tch, I didn't even stop him. When I opened Swe's bag, her lunchbox was not there but the one they claimed she broke. I did leave her some messages though and they were very clear of how pissed I was.

Swe: "Mama, cela tinky?"

Me: "You don't want the muffin?" she smiles.

Swe: "Ngiyacela." I let her take them, she grabs two and hands one to Junior. I smile handing them their cups of chocolate milk, I'm really proud of how grown she is now. They both get along very well these days, no more constant bickering. They also know how to share now, I mean Swe has taken the big sister role quite seriously now. Yesterday I found her feeding Junior yoghurt, well they were stealing it but I didn't even shout at them because I love their sudden bond.

KaMajola: "Something smells so good in this house." she exclaims walking in followed by a very grown Mahle, Lihle, and my husband. Mahle immediately runs into my arms and hugs me tightly.

Mahle: "I'm staying for the holidays mama, uGogo is stressing me."  Yes, schools were closing so I had to prepare myself for the chaos.

KaMajola: "Ngizokukhaba wena!" She comes to hug me.

Me: "Unjani mah?"

KaMajola: "Oh I'm good baby, just these kids wanting to make me die before my time."  I chuckle.

Me: "Hey skwi!" Mahle has already joined those two in the lounge with her muffins and a juice box. I love how comfortable she is with us especially since she's a bit grown now. She is five years old, and doing her first grade.

Lihle: "Hey sis, how are you feeling?" she asks hugging me. I smile

Me: "I'm coping well, I have all the support I need"

KaMajola: "That's very good to hear sthandwa sami. When is MaKhumalo arriving?"

Lizwi: "Later on mah." I didn't know they were coming.

KaMajola: "I can't wait, I need some of her herbal tea." I wonder what is it with that tea anyway because I also remember how happy and excited Gogo Mnikathi was when I was sent to give her. I offered them some of the muffins I had baked and some beverages.

*********
My house was so full tonight. My grandparents arrived with their friends, Gogo and Mkhulu Mnikathi. Shortly after them Aunt Thando and Uncle Nsizwa arrived too with Aunt Thando's parents and uncle who is a seer. That man's aura is scary and demands respect. He asks to talk to me aside.

Bab'Dlamini: "Sawubona mntanam. I only came here for you." he says to me smiling. He is one beautiful old man.

Me: "Yebo Mkhulu."

Bab'Dlamini: "Here, use this to bath at night. Your sister is the one troubling you at night. She is the one giving you restless nights." How did he know that?! Even my husband doesn't know about my sudden sleepless nights. Every night once I experience that chilling feeling down my spine and sweat all over my back to the crack of my butt, I can never fall asleep. I only get sleep in the early mornings and it's only for 3 hours max.

Me: "How did... Sorry," I apologized as soon as he gave me a knowing look.

Bab'Dlamini: "I will also warn you about people mzukulu, not everyone is happy for you, and not everyone is happy about seeing you become successful, not even your family can be happy. Once people show you who they are the first time, believe them and make sure you stay away." I'll take that as a warning to stay away from my siblings' shame, I'm forgiving them fully but I don't want them near me anymore.

Me: "Yebo."

Bab'Dlamini: "ULwandlelethu wasn't named Lwandlelethu just for the fun of it. UwuLwandle layoyonke lemindeni."

Me: "What do you mean Mkhulu?!"

Bab'Dlamini: "Look at your lounge area. That didn't just happen, a lot of broken bonds were fixed through that child. He brought unity to this family. It will continue being like that as long as he is happy. Once a person hurts him or someone he loves then a lot could go bad for that person. He is a highly favored child, the greatest God of all." I wipe my tears.

Me: "Thank you."

Bab'Dlamini: "Don't cry, he is your child. You should be proud of yourself and the work you did raising him. It is still going to be a difficult journey for him but he has his family and he is going to be able to get through the hurdles of life." I smile emotionally as I look at him running towards me.

Sqalo: "Mkhulu Khulu." he says hugging him.

Bab'Dlamini: "You are always looking so grown whenever I see you. Next thing you will be bigger than me phela." they laugh.

Sqalo: "Then I will carry you around Mkhulu because you will be too old." We laugh.

Bab'Dlamini: "Ngizokushaya." he giggles hiding his face with his hands.

Sqalo: "Thotho! Can we please go with Gogo Ndabe?" They are mostly fascinated by Mr Davis's dogs nje since Lizwi doesn't let them have a dog here.

Me: "Sure, go pack your bags then." he runs off. They now have this mentality of not packing any clothes whenever they go visit because they want new clothes all the time.

******
These old ladies dragged me to one of the guest rooms and locked the door. Now they all just staring at me as if I did something.

Me: "Sengenzeni?!"

Mrs Davis: "MaKhumalo tells us that you need some bedroom advice."

Me: "Aybo mah!!!" I say so shocked even my voice is very evident of the shock.

Gogo'Mnikathi: "Kanti?!"

Me: "I don't need advice aybo! We are very much okay with Lizwi."

Aunt Thando: "Lovemaking with your husband shouldn't be okay, it should be HOT!" her mother throws her a look, making me want to laugh.

Me: "Yoh." I cover my face. I'm seriously so embarrassed.

KaMajola: "It certainly isn't something to be ashamed of sweety. You have kids that are proof enough that you have sex plus you married Sthandwa Sami."

Mrs Davis: "Exactly. Which is why you have to spice things up once in a while in your bedroom. Take this." she says pulling a gift bag underneath the bed and handing it to me. I open it and peek inside, I gasp shocked at the sight of two lingerie that are very revealing. I am only used to sexy matching underwear not this type of lingerie seriously.

Gogo: "And take this. You are now old enough to use it." she hands me a small plastic. I open it and it's the herbal tea.

Me: "What's it for mama?"

Gog'Mnikathi: "To keep your lady hot and drive your man crazy." My eyes stretch widening in shock as they laugh agreeing with her.

KaMajola: "So nje makoti, make a cup tonight and drink it before bed."

Me: "But doesn't this tea have like side effects?!"

Gogo: "It is made from natural ingredients wena and I make it personally."

Aunt Thando: "The only side effects you will experience will be difficulty in walking and something burning." They laugh even louder. Jesus these oldies!

Me: "Aybo mah!"