16

[Chapter 16]

Lethokuhle.

I honestly enjoy being in my father's house and it's because i am not the only child here, I have many siblings. After Skhumbuzo paid for me at my grandparents, the following weekend I was at his homestead and I had welcoming ceremonies done for me. Everyone was so welcoming and warm, my grandmother is the best too and she gets along just fine with mama. Ever since then, I have been visiting my father whenever and I have met all my siblings. I have two sisters and six brothers, Luyolo(27) is the oldest followed by Michelle(25), Sphe(23) and Amahle(23) who are twins then comes Lloyiso(20), me, Ngcebo(18), Sandiso(15) and finally Lwazi(10)- the baby. I was also shocked especially when I learned that only Luyolo and Lloyiso share the same mother then the rest of us have our own mothers. Sphe and Amahle are only twins because their mothers fell pregnant around the same time and it happened that they were born on the same day, just different times. Apparently dad doesn't have any relationship with any of his baby mamas even his last born's mother.

Sandiso: "Sisi is coming home today!" he said walking in, we all cheer because Michelle coming home means we getting spoiled.

Dad: "Letho, come here." I follow him as he leads me to his study.

Me: "Ba?" it took time for me to get used to calling him dad and he was patient and understanding.

Dad: "When is your baby daddy taking responsibility for that baby?" he points at my now slightly visible belly. I swallow hard and look down as i fiddle with my hands.

Me: "He doesn't want it baba."

Dad: "Heh?"

Me: "He wanted me to abort and told me that this was my baby so whatever I do with this baby is my own problem and it doesn't concern him."

Dad: "I want his names and address. Akukho mfana ozodlala eyami ingane!"

Me: "No please! I had already pleaded my grandparents to let it be. I don't want to be bothering him and.."

Dad: "Well he'd be stupid to even think you bothering him when he didn't think so while he shoved his damn penis in you!" he says angrily.

Me: "..."

Dad: "Look, i'm sorry. It's fine then, we will respect your wishes. I promise. I will be that baby's father. Don't worry about a thing, he or she won't lack anything while we all still live okay? if i'm not here then you have your aunts, uncles, your grandparents and your siblings baby girl okay?" I nod.

Me: "Thank you." he smiles and comes around his table to hug me and plants a soft kiss on my forehead.

Dad: "You can go." I nod and walk out to my room. I scroll through my phone so I can talk to my best friend. I still considered Nqo, my best friend because that is what she is or was to me even though our communication was a bit off nowadays. Things changed a lot between us and i understood because we both were growing up now and mostly in different areas.

As I was watching whatsapp status updates of my contacts, gogo had posted a cute picture of her and mkhulu in a restaurant, I definitely commented with fire emojis. My grandparents had the most amazing and adorable love, they always make sure to share it and show it off. I always tell myself that I want a marriage that will be like theirs.

I then came across Nqo's update, she had posted a positive pregnancy test with a caption saying 'I'm about to be an aunt!' with dancing emojis. The next update was a selfie of her and Lwande's girlfriend with a caption that said 'baby mama' and I just knew. I think my hate for Lwande increased roght there and then. So he impregnates me and decides that my child must be killed but his girlfriend's child deserves to live?! I don't think i ever want to be associated with him or his family for that matter. Now, I know i shouldn't even be involving his family when they don't know ish about what happened between us but if i really want to keep my baby out of drama then I have no choice.

Gogo had already suggested that I move here with my father, well it's something they spoke about as adults and they later informed me. They still waiting on my decision. Mkhulu was quite upset when Gogo told him of my pregnancy but he promised to support me always.

______________
Michelle: "Hey baby mama." that is my nickname around here.

Me: "Hey sis." We hug.

Michelle: "Let's go out for dinner, my treat. I want to spoil my nephew." I chuckle.

Me: "Who said it's a boy?"

Michelle: "I can feel it, besides you have a big ugly nose." she shrugs chuckling making me roll my eyes.

Michelle: "Go take a shower and look cute please!" I roll my eyes walking to the bathroom. The house is quite big, Amahle and I share a room, the older boys share a room then the younger boys share their own room and well only Michelle and Luyolo have their own separate rooms.

After my shower, I find Michelle in my room in a robe and doing her make up.

Me: "And then?"

Michelle: "Oh your outfit is right on your bed hun."

Me: "Thanks sis."

Michelle: "Amahle will meet us at the restaurant." I nod. Only Lwazi permanently lives with dad here, while the rest of us come occasionally to visit.