72

NARRATED.

[AT THE MDLALOSE HOUSEHOLD]

It was right after the funeral when Skhumbuzo's mother walked in looking ready to kill. She looked at each and every grandchild of hers as they all sat in the living room of their father's house.

Makhulu: "Where is Letho?"

Lloyiso: "In her house Makhulu."

Makhulu: "Why didn't she come to the funeral?!"

Luyolo: "She hasn't been picking up our calls."

Michelle: "Makhulu, bhuti is lying. He called her and threatened her to not come. He said some really hurtful words to her and then forbade her to come to Dad's funeral."

Makhulu: "Excuse me?! Luyolo where do you get such guts? the nerve even?! ubani wena kulomuzi?! Just because your father just died, it doesn't make you the man of the house. Angeke sizozwa ngawe la!"

Luyolo: "Why should I have let her come here when she disowned Dad?!"

Makhulu: "Wena uhlanganaphi nalokho?! Whatever sh8t happens between her and Skhumbuzo isn't your business. You have had your father all your life, she only got to know him when she was a grown-up and still, then your father wasn't the best in the whole world! Do you even know what she has been through?! Do you know the kind of man your father is!?! Why hasn't any of you asked your stupid father why he had so many kids with so many women?! Why doesn't he have any relationship with Sphelele and Ngcebo?! Don't be stupid boy! I will slap you mina mfana nx!"

Luyolo: "But..."

Makhulu: "Shut it because clearly wena awuyona indoda. You acting like a kid as if you any better! nx! Take me to my house!" she shouts at them. Michelle stood up with her car keys and bags, she was also leaving for her house now.

Right after they walk out, Ayanda walks in wearing her black outfit with a big black hat that covers almost her whole face.

Ayanda: "Kids." Luyolo clicks his tongue annoyed.

Luyolo: "I think you should leave now, dad is no more so there's no more room for you here."

Ayanda: "You telling me?!" she laughs hysterically. Their father's lawyer walks in carrying a briefcase. He greets and then takes a sit.

Luyolo: "Do you mind? This is a family matter." he said looking at Ayanda who was sitting comfortably in their father's favorite chair.

Mr Zwane: "No, she can stay."

Luyolo: "Why?!"

Mr Zwane: "She was your father's wife."

Them: "WHAT?!" they are all shocked because their father never mentioned anything about marrying this woman, they all knew her as his girlfriend and baby mama, nothing more, nothing less.

Mr Zwane: "Yes, I was your father's witness in court and I also have a copy of their marriage certificate here with me. You can take a look." He says opening his briefcase and taking out the certificate, he hands it to Luyolo who then passes it around to the others as well. What is more shocking is that the certificate doesn't even look fake or forged, he would know if it wasn't because he is a lawyer.

Ayanda: "Continue Mr Zwane."

Mr Zwane: "Very well. This is the last testament of Mr Skhumbuzo Mdlalose. It reads as follows, everything stated in this Will is accurate and my last wish, anyone disputing this testament shall not be granted access to any of my assets. With that said, I leave all my property shares to all my children, each child should receive a fair share. I leave my beach house to my mother and an amount of R500 000. I also leave a lump sum of R3 million to all my kids. I leave my house, cars, and logistics company to my wife. I hope you all respect my last wishes and honor them with the love you had for me."

Lloyiso: "I guess we should reach Letho."

Luyolo: "For what!?! Shut up if you don't have anything sensible to say, nx!"

Mr Zwane: "There are other children that are missing?" he asks.

Lloyiso: "Yes, four of our other siblings and our grandmother. She just left with our eldest sister."

Ayanda: "Thank you, Mr Zwane."

Mr. Zwane: "I would like y'all to try to reach all the other beneficiaries and only then I can release Mr Mdlalose's assets."

Luyolo: "We don't even know where they are!"

Mr. Zwane: "Then I suggest you all start looking now unless Mr. Mdlalose's next of kin agrees for me to release everything."

Luyolo: "Who's his next of kin?"

Mr Zwane: "His wife." Ayanda smirks looking at Luyolo.

Ayanda: "Don't release anything until all of his children are found. Please honor my husband's wishes. I will although ask that you all leave my house now, I need to grieve my husband. Only Lwazi will stay behind because he is my child."

Lloyiso: "No! We taking our brother with us!"

Ayanda: "I'm his mother, kant awuzwa yini?! Do you also want proof of that?! Nx!"

Luyolo: "What?!"

Ayanda: "Ey aningiphumele kwami mina!"